Perhaps you push too hard.I push nobody.
你可能太過強硬 我一點也沒有
Perhaps we need reinforcements.
也許我們需要后援
If Jeff Davis wants to cease hostilities,who do you think'll give a genuine solid shit to free slaves?
如果杰夫·戴維斯要來和談 還有誰真的關心解放黑奴
Get back to it.And gentlemen, good day.We are at an impasse.
回去工作吧 先生們 再會 我們死路一條了
Tell Lincoln to deny the rumors. Publicly.
讓林肯去公開地否認謠言
Tell us what you expect of us.I expect you to do your work.
你指望我們干什么 我指望你們去工作
And to have sufficient sense and taste not to presume to instruct the President.
要有健全的感覺和品味 不要試圖對總統指手畫腳
Or me.Is there a Confederate offer or not?
或是對我 到底有沒有和談
Gentlemen,I suggest you work some changes to your proposal before you give it to the President.
先生們 我建議你們在把提議交給總統前 能夠做一些修改
We're eager to be on our way to Washington.
我們急著返回華盛頓
Did Mr. Lincoln tell you to tell us this?
林肯先生派你來就是告訴我們這些的嗎
It says securing peace for our two countries.And it goes on like that.
上面說 為兩國謀求和平 后文也是這樣
I don't know what you,There's just one country.
不知道你是說 只有一個國家
And you and I, we're citizens of that country.
而你和我 我們都是這個國家的公民
I'm fighting to protect it from armed rebels.From you.
我為了從武裝叛軍手中保衛她而戰 也就是你們
Mr. Blair, he told us,he told President Davis we were
布萊爾先生告訴我們 他跟戴維斯總統說我們
A private citizen like Preston Blair can say what he pleases since he has no authority over anything.
公民普雷斯頓·布萊爾可以隨意信口開河 因為他沒有任何權利