They're not lazy. They're busily buying votes.
他們可沒偷懶 他們在收買投票
While we hope to be saved by the national mood?
而我們還想著靠舉國悲痛來贏嗎
Before this blood is dry, when Stevens next takes the floor,taunt him. You excel at that.
趁著還有救 等史蒂文斯下次發言 嘲諷他 你很擅長這個
Get him to proclaim what we all know he believes in his coal-colored heart:
讓他說出他內心深處的話
that this vote is meant to set the black race on high,to niggerate America.
這場投票是為了抬高黑人 是為了黑化美國
George, please. Stay on course.Bring Stevens to full froth.
喬治 不要氣餒 想辦法激怒史蒂文斯
I can ensure that every newspaperman from Louisville to San Francisco will be here to witness it and print it.
我能確保 從路易斯維爾到舊金山的記者 都會來見證和報道的
The floor belongs to the mellifluent gentleman from Kentucky, Mr. George Yeaman.
下面有請優雅的紳士 來自肯塔基的喬治·伊曼
I thank you, Speaker Colfax.
謝謝 科爾法議長
Although I'm disgusted by slavery I rise on this sad and solemn day.
盡管 我對奴隸制深惡痛絕 站在沉痛悲哀的今天
to announce that I'm opposed to the amendment.
我要說我反對這項修正案
We must consider what will become of colored folk if four million are in one instant set free.
我們要考慮如果40萬有色人種 一瞬間全部獲得自由會怎么樣
They'll be free, George.That's what'll become of them!
他們就自由了 喬治 就是這樣
Think how splendid if Mr. Yeaman switched.
想想如果伊曼先生倒戈了該多妙
Too publicly against us. He can't change course now.
公開反對我們 他不會倒戈了
Not for some miserable little job anyways.
不用點特殊辦法是不行