Navigating through my country helping journalists, filmmakers, news crews, is my working life.
在我的國家為記者、電影制作者、新同伴做導航,是我的工作
I believe my success comes from building a relationship
我相信我的成功是因為建立了關系
not only with journalists and the news crews,
不僅僅是和記者、新同伴們,
but also with the communities in the Gaza Strip.
更是和加沙地帶的社區群體。
These communities who don't want their stories to be told,
這些社區群體不希望他們的故事被報道,
I never looked to them as stories or numbers.
我從來沒有把他們作為故事或者數字。
But like me, they are human beings.
他們和我一樣,他們是人
I have built up many relationships over 10 years. And guess what?
在過去的十年,我已經建立起很多關系。你猜怎么樣?
This gives me the chance to get access to people, to stories that others can't.
這給我機會去加入人群,去訴述那些別人不能訴說的事。
In some certain situations, I feel, as a woman, I have more power.
在一些真實的場景,我感受到,作為一個女人,我有更大的能量。
Many male journalists in my society, they want to cover a story about drug addiction in my country.
在我的群體中,很多男性記者,他們想去報道發生在我的國家的一個毒品泛濫事件。
That problem started when the Gaza tunnel was being built.
在建設加沙隧道時,這個問題已經開始了。
With the siege on Gaza, tunnels brought people all the basic needs
在加沙的圍城之中,隧道給人們帶來所有基本的需求
like food, building material, other stuff we needed.
比如,食物、建材等其他我們需要的物品。
But not anymore, because the Egyptian side flooded them up with water and they are not working anymore.
但現在不是了,因為與埃及的邊界被洪水淹沒,隧道不再起作用
Drugs were being smuggled, and many young people got addicted, too.
毒品被走私進來,很多年輕人對毒品上癮