I was so scared that day, a day I will never forget.
那天我非常害怕,我永遠不會忘記的一天。
So, why do I do what I do?
然而,我為什么要這么做呢?
I do it because I believe if I didn't, a huge part of the story about Gaza will be missing.
我這么做,因為我相信如果我不,將失去加沙的這個新聞的一大部分。
There are some more stories I could tell you about my country.
我可以告訴你非常多我的國家的故事,
And not all of them are bad.
并不是所有的都是不好的。
I love my country, despite the terrible situation we live in --
我愛我的國家,盡管我們生活在這個糟糕的地帶
siege, poverty, unemployment -- but there is life.
閉塞,貧窮,失業...但這是生命
There are people who are dreamers and amazing people full of energy.
這里的人們充滿夢想和驚人的活力。
We have wonderful music, and a great music school.
我們有美妙的音樂和偉大的音樂學校。
We have parkour dancers who dance in the rubble of their homes.
我們有跑酷舞者,他們可以在他們家的瓦礫上跳舞。
And Gaza is the only place in the Arab world where Muslims and Christians live in strong brotherhood.
同時,加沙是阿拉伯世界唯一一個地方,穆斯林和基督徒血脈相連。
During the time of war, the hardest part for me is leaving the house early in the morning, leaving my children.
在戰爭期間,對我來說最艱難的是早晨離開家,離開我的孩子。
I take a picture of them everyday because I never know if I will make it back to them.
我每天給他們拍照,因為我不知道我否還能回到他們身邊。
Being a fixer and a journalist is difficult and dangerous in Gaza.
在作為一個固定點和一個記者是非常困難和危險的。
But when I hear the sound of the shelling or the sound of the bombing,
但是當我聽見炮聲、爆炸聲時,
I just head straight toward it, because I want to be there first, because these stories should be told.
我立即迎頭而上去面對它,因為我想第一個到那兒,因為這些事需要被報道。