We'll use their confiscated wealth to establish hundreds of thousands of free Negro farmers,
我們要用充公的財富 去建立成千上萬黑人農民階級
and at their side soldiers armed to occupy and transform the heritage of traitors.
和武裝力量去占領和轉換叛徒的遺產
We'll build up a land down there of free men and free women and free children and freedom.
我們要建立一片 屬于自由的男女老少的自由之地
The nation needs to know that we have such plans.
國家要知道我們的計劃
That's the untempered version of reconstruction.
這是未加修飾的戰后重建計劃
It's not quite exactly what I intend,but we shall oppose one another in the course of time.
跟我想的不太一樣 我們早晚會反對彼此的政見
Now we're working together, and I'm asking you for patience, I expect.
但現在我們在同一條戰線 所以我請求你 耐心點 對吧
When the people disagree,bringing them together requires going slow till they're ready to make up.
當人民意見不一致 就需要慢慢讓他們 能夠達成一致
Ah, shit on the people,and what they want, and what they're ready for,I don't give a goddamn about the people and what they want.
去他的人民 他們要什么 他們準備怎么樣 我才不管他們要什么
This is the face of someone who has fought long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of 'em.
這是一個長期為了人民的利益奮斗 卻從不關心人民的人的面龐
And I look a lot worse without my wig.The people elected me! To represent them.
我不帶假發看起來更糟糕 人民選舉了我 去代表他們
To lead them! And I lead! You ought to try it.
去領導他們 我成功領了他們 你應該試試
I admire your zeal, Mr. Stevens,and I have tried to profit from the example of it.
我欣賞你的熱情 史蒂文斯先生 我也試過從中牟利