The past is the past, it's a new year now,and we are all getting along, or so they tell me.
過去就讓它過去吧 新的一年到了 聽說我們相處得還不錯
I gather we are working together.The White House and the other House,hatching little plans together.
我們要同心協力 白宮和其他機構 共同出謀劃策
Mother? What?You're creating a bottleneck.Oh, I'm detaining you.
母親 怎么了 人都堵在這了 我耽擱您太久了
And more importantly, the people behind you.
或者說 我耽擱您身后的人們太久了
How the people love my husband,they flock to see him by their thousands on public days.
人民愛戴我的丈夫 他們成群結隊在公眾日來看他
They will never love you the way they love him.
他們永遠不會像愛他一樣愛您
How difficult it must be for you to know that.
知道這些您一定很難受
And yet how important to remember it.
但是記住這些也很重要
Since we have the floor next in the debate,I thought I'd suggest you might
明天的辯論中輪到我們發言 我建議你或許
temper your contributions so as not to frighten our conservative friends?
緩和一下你的脾氣 免得嚇到了保守派的朋友們
Ashley insists you're ensuring approval by dispensing patronage to otherwise undeserving Democrats.
阿什利說你在收買邊緣的民主黨人 來保證修正案通過
I can't ensure a single damn thing if you scare the whole House with talk of land appropriations,
如果你要用土地挪用 革命審判和懲罰 嚇唬整個議會的話
revolutionary tribunals, punitive When the war ends, I intend to push for full equality,the Negro vote, and much more.
我就什么都保證不了了 等戰爭結束 我想爭取完全的平等 賦予黑人選舉權 當然遠不只如此
Congress shall mandate the seizure of every foot of rebel land and every dollar of their property.
國會將收復每一寸叛軍土地 和他們的所有財產