Pinocchio thought a while and then said firmly: "No, I don't want to go.
皮諾喬想了想,接著拿定主意說:“不要,我不想去.
Home is near, and I'm going where Father is waiting for me.
這會兒就到家了,我要回家,我爸爸在家等著我呢。
How unhappy he must be that I have not yet returned!
可憐的老人家昨兒沒見我回去,誰知道他有多么焦急呀!
I have been a bad son, and the Talking Cricket was right when he said that a disobedient boy cannot be happy in this world.
真倒霉,我是這么個壞孩子,還是會說話的蟋蟀說得對:‘不聽話的孩子在這個世界上沒有好結果。’
I have learned this at my own expense.
我從自己的教訓懂得了這一點。
Even last night in the theater, when Fire Eater... Brrrr...
因為我遭了許多殃,昨兒晚上在吃火人那里...
The shivers run up and down my back at the mere thought of it."
我差點兒連命都送掉了…啊!我一想起都要發抖!”
"Well, then," said the Fox, "if you really want to go home, go ahead, but you'll be sorry."
“這么說,”狐貍說道,“你真想回家?那你就回家吧,反正你會后悔的!”
"You'll be sorry," repeated the Cat.
“你會后悔的!”貓跟著又說了一遍。
"Think well, Pinocchio, you are turning your back on Dame Fortune."
“你好好想想,皮諾喬,你自己有福不享。”
"On Dame Fortune," repeated the Cat.
“有福不享!”貓跟著又說了一遍。
"Tomorrow your five gold pieces will be two thousand!"
“你的五個金幣到明天要變成兩千個了。”
"Two thousand!" repeated the Cat.
“兩千個了!”貓跟著又說一遍。
"But how can they possibly become so many?" asked Pinocchio wonderingly.
“可怎么會變那么多呢?”皮諾喬問道,驚奇得嘴都合不攏了。