"Give us two good rooms, one for Mr. Pinocchio and the other for me and my friend.
“給我們開兩間上房,一間給皮諾喬先生,一間給我和我的朋友。
Before starting out, we'll take a little nap.
在出發之前,我們需要打個盹。
Remember to call us at midnight sharp, for we must continue on our journey."
記得午夜時分叫醒我們,我們必須要繼續趕路。”
"Yes, sir," answered the Innkeeper, winking in a knowing way at the Fox and the Cat, as if to say, "I understand."
“好的,先生們,”旅店老板回答著,對狐貍和貓眨眨眼,像是在說:“我懂的。”
As soon as Pinocchio was in bed, he fell fast asleep and began to dream.
皮諾喬一沾床就睡著了,然后開始做夢。
He dreamed he was in the middle of a field. The field was full of vines heavy with grapes.
他夢見自己站在一片田野里。田野里到處是掛滿了葡萄的葡萄藤。
The grapes were no other than gold coins which tinkled merrily as they swayed in the wind.
那些葡萄就是金幣,在微風吹拂下愉悅的輕搖著。
They seemed to say, "Let him who wants us take us!"
他們看起來像是在說:“想要我們就把我們帶走吧!”
Just as Pinocchio stretched out his hand to take a handful of them, he was awakened by three loud knocks at the door.
正當皮諾喬伸手要去采一把金幣時,卻被房門上很響的三下敲門聲驚醒了。
It was the Innkeeper who had come to tell him that midnight had struck.
原來是旅館老板來告訴他已經午夜十二點了。
"Are my friends ready?" the Marionette asked him.
“我的朋友們準備好了嗎?”木偶問他。
"Indeed, yes! They went two hours ago."
“當然啦!他們兩個鐘頭以前就走啦。”
"Why in such a hurry?"
“為什么這么急?”
"Unfortunately the Cat received a telegram which said that his first-born was suffering from chilblains and was on the point of death.
“因為貓收到電報說它的大孩子生了凍瘡,有生命危險。
He could not even wait to say good-by to you."
他甚至來不及和你道別。”