"Does that mean?"
“您的意思是……?”
"It means I shall think on what you have said," the maester told him firmly.
“我會仔細想想你的話,”學士語氣堅定地告訴他,
"And now, I believe I am ready to sleep.
“現在嘛,我準備睡了。
Chett, show our young brother to the door."
齊特,送這位年輕弟兄出去。”
Tyrion. They had taken shelter beneath a copse of aspens just off the high road.
提利昂.他們在緊鄰山路的山楊樹叢下稍事休息。
Tyrion was gathering deadwood while their horses took water from a mountain stream.
提利昂撿拾枯枝,馬匹則啜飲山泉。
He stooped to pick up a splintered branch and examined it critically.
他俯身拿起一根斷裂的枝干仔細審視。
"Will this do? I am not practiced at starting fires.
“這個行嗎?我對生火這事兒不在行,
Morrec did that for me."
以前都是莫里斯幫我弄的。”
“A fire?” Bronn said, spitting.
“生火?”波隆啐了口唾沫,
“Are you so hungry to die, dwarf?
“侏儒,你急著找死不成?
Or have you taken leave of your senses?
還是你走得連理智都沒啦?
A fire will bring the clansmen down on us from miles around.
生火會把方圓好幾里的原住民通通吸引過來。
I mean to survive this journey, Lannister.”
蘭尼斯特,我還想活著走完這趟路呢。”
"And how do you hope to do that?"Tyrion asked.
“那你倒是打算怎么辦?”提利昂問。
He tucked the branch under his arm
他把樹枝夾在腋下,
and poked around through the sparse undergrowth, looking for more.
繼續在稀疏的灌木叢中翻找。
His back ached from the effort of bending;they had been riding since daybreak,
從那時起,他倆便快馬加鞭地趕路,直到現在還沒歇息,害得他腰酸背痛。
when a stone-faced Ser Lyn Corbray had ushered them through the Bloody Gate
天剛亮,林恩·科布瑞爵士便鐵青著臉把他們送出血門,
and commanded them never to return.
并明令禁止他們再度出現,
"We have no chance of fighting our way back," Bronn said,
“靠蠻干殺出重圍是別想了,”波隆道,
"but two can cover more ground than ten, and attract less notice.
“但兩個人輕裝便行,總比大批人馬速度快,也較不會引人注意。
The fewer days we spend in these mountains, the more like we are to reach the riverlands.
我們在山里停留的時間越短,就越有機會安全抵達河間地帶。
Ride hard and fast, I say.
所以我說咱們應該加緊趕路,
Travel by night and hole up by day, avoid the road where we can,
白天躲藏,夜間行動,道路能避就避,
make no noise and light no fires."
不要發出噪音,更不要生火。”
Tyrion Lannister sighed. "A splendid plan, Bronn.
提利昂·蘭尼斯特嘆道:“波隆,這計劃真是好極了。
Try it, as you like...and forgive me if I do not linger to bury you."
那你就自己去試試罷……到時候可別怪我沒停下來幫你挖墳。”