He was choking her,and she grabbed a hold of a stick of fire wood and fractured his skull, and he died.
他丈夫想掐死她 于是這個女人抓起一根柴火 打碎了他的腦袋 殺死了他
In his will he wrote:I expect she has killed me.
她丈夫在遺囑里寫到 我希望她真把我打死了
If I get over it, I will have revenge.
否則 我一定會報仇的
No one was keen to see her convicted,he was that kind of husband.
大家看到她的丈夫是這個德行 都不想判她有罪
I asked the prosecuting attorney if I might have a short conference with my client.
我征求了起訴律師的意見 和她短短的見了一面
And she and I went into a room in the courthouse,but I alone emerged.
我們約在法院的一個房間見面 但她沒有出現
The window in the room was found to be wide open,It was believed the old lady may have climbed out of it.
屋里的窗戶大開著 人們相信她是跳窗自殺了
I told the bailiff,Right before I left her in the room,
我告訴法庭監守 就在我離開房間之前
she asked me where she could get a good drink of water,and I told her Tennessee.
她問我她哪有好喝的水 我回答她田納西州有
Mrs. Goings was seen no more in Metamora.Enough justice had been done.
格英絲夫人再也沒有出現在梅塔莫拉 正義得到了伸張
They even forgave the bondsman her bail.
甚至沒人向擔保人要保釋金
I'm afraid I don't see,I decided that the Constitution gives me war powers,
我恐怕不太 我斷定 憲法賦予我開戰的權力
but no one knows just exactly what those powers are.
可沒人知道那究竟是何種權力
Some say they don't exist. I don't know. I decided,
有人說它不存在 我不知道 我堅信
I needed them to exist to uphold my oath to protect the Constitution,
我需要它們的存在 以堅守我保護憲法的誓言
which I decided meant that I could take the rebels' slaves from 'em as property confiscated in war.
所以我決定 我可以把反叛者的奴隸 作為戰時財產沒收充公