And so she's between, she herself is scientifically trained
她是科學地訓練過的,
but she is dealing with her relatives, who although very educated, are very superstitious.
但是她處理與那些盡管受過高等教育,也很迷信的親戚。
And this is letter that she, the email that she gets from one of her relatives. This is her niece, Tina, in Hong Kong.
并且她收到的這封信,來自于她在香港的侄女,Tina。
She writes "We write to you because of our daughter Bobby, do you remember her?
她寫道“我們寫信給你是因為我們的女兒波比,你還記得她嗎?
Number one. Went to Andover, then MIT, then Harvard Business School, got nice job on Wall Street,
她去了麻省理工,然后去了哈佛商學院,在華爾街上找到了一份好差事,
but now all of a sudden she quit that job to live with a drummer.
但現在突然她辭掉工作去和一個鼓手鬼混。
And on top of it tried to sell the apartment we give to her.
并試圖賣掉我們給她的頂樓公寓。
Very nice place, Upper East Side, have doorman, everything.
一個非常不錯的房子,上東區有門衛,應有盡有。
She do not care. All she can think about is drum something.
但她不在乎,她滿腦子都是那個鼓手。
We worry. She is our number one daughter, how can this happen to our family?
我們很擔心,她是我們唯一的女兒,這種事怎么能發生在我們家呢?
We analyze in particular Johnson." Johnson quote well known for his analysis.
我們特別請約翰遜做了分析。”他已他的分析聞名。
"But in the end there is only one thing we can guess.
"但最后我們只猜到一點。
Only we can guess that the graves of grandpa and grandma are not auspicious.
我們猜爺爺奶奶的墓風水不好,
The story always hear is how grandpa and grandma were not buried in Qufu as they'd like to be "
為什么他們不葬在他們想要葬身的曲阜呢。”
"Hogwash" thinks Hadie. I should explain that Qufu is the Confucian family graveyard where 2000 years of Qongs have been buried.
“廢話”,Hadie想到,我要解釋一下,曲阜是2000年來孔夫子,家族墓地的地方。
But Hadie's parents were not buried there because of the revolution.
但是Hadie的父母,因為大變革沒有葬在那里。
"Instead because they died in Taiwan, first Uncle (that's Hadie's brother) buried them in Taiwan.
相反,因為他們死在太晚,大叔叔把他們葬在了臺灣。
And then with him, himself leaving Taiwan, no one left to sweep the grave.
然后離開了臺灣,沒人去掃墓。
We have to move them somewhere else again. Mainland's still closed;
我們要遷墳,大陸仍然不對外開放;
cannot bury them there; impossible. So we say:
不能把他們葬在那兒;不可能,所以,
OK, how about Iowa? Never mind that grandpa never visited Iowa once in his life.
我們說:衣阿華洲怎么樣?爺爺一輩子也沒去過衣阿華州。
First Uncle said at least they go to Iowa together.
大叔叔說,至少他們可以一起去衣阿華州祭拜。
And of course when the bone picker opened the graves (that's to move them), looks like the bones are dry.
當遷墳人去打開墳墓時,骨頭看上去是干的。
That is true. So first Uncle say, you see, if the feng-shui no good, the bones are not dry even many years later.
那是真的。因此大叔叔說,你們看,要是風水不好的話,骨頭也不會干那么多年。