I did say that it would be a miracle
我說過如果在這場考試中,
if the students Chinese school did better in the test.
中式學校贏了,那就真是出現了奇跡
But it did happen. The miracle really happened.
但真的出現了。奇跡真的出現了
Oh, thank you!
謝謝你們
Maybe in the test we do better
可能我們在考試中表現更好
because, you know, we push the students more.
是因為我們敦促學生更多
They stayed at the school longer,
他們在學校待的時間更長
which means they had to spend a comparatively longer time on their study.
這表示他們要花相對更長的時間在學習上
Tristan and Philippa.
特里斯坦和菲利帕
We probably do need a longer day at school.
我們可能的確需要延長學時
But do we really want children working 15, 16 hours a day?
但我們真的希望孩子一天學十五六個小時嗎
That, to me, doesn't really sound like childhood.
那對我來說,聽起來不像是童年
That, to me, sounds like almost prison.
于我而言,那更像是牢籠
The Chinese school works with children who are already bright, who are already motivated.
中式學校針對的是非常聰明的學生,非常有主動性的學生
I'm not altogether surprised by that,
我對結果并不是特別驚訝
because these are students who would probably do really well despite the teaching,
因為這些學生們無論怎么教,都會表現得非常優異
rather than because of the teaching.
和如何教學并沒有太大關系
It does challenge the most able pupils, but does it do it in a nurturing way?
這的確能挑戰最有能力的學生,但真的是好的培養方式嗎
It's very hard to say which education system is better.
非常難判斷哪一種教育體制更好
And I think we should learn from each other.
我認為我們應該互相學習
I think that the way that the Chinese pupils respect their teachers
我認為中國學生那種尊重他們老師的方式
is something that we ought to have in this country.
是值得我們國家學習的
Our teaching style may be a bit too rigid.
我們的教學方式有點太死板了
We give you the knowledge, you learn.
我們教知識,你就學
What happens to those ones who don't learn this way?
那不適應這種方式學習的學生怎么辦呢
We need to teach them differently, and we need to learn from England.
我們需要用不同的方法教他們,我們需要向英國學習
Learning is not just about the teacher.
學習不僅僅是老師的事情
It's about teacher and student - two part.
是老師和學生雙方的互動
Before school ends, it's time for goodbyes.
學校結業之前,告別的時間到了
It has been a great journey.
這是次很棒的旅程
We have learnt tremendously from you.
我們從你們身上學到了很多
It was not as successful as I expected.
雖然沒有我想象的那么成功
But I have to say, I will miss you.
但我仍然要說,我會想你們的
I just want to say, good luck!
我只想說,祝你們好運
I have little present for Josh. Chinese tea.
我有小禮物要給喬什,中國茶葉
Oh, my God. Thank you.
我的天吶。謝謝你
This has been one of the most weird yet amazing experiences I've ever had.
這是我經歷過最怪異但又奇妙的經歷之一
And I think I speak for everyone here
我要替全班道出我們的心聲
when I say I'm never going to forget this.
我永遠都不會忘記這一切
Thank you so much to Mr Zou and Miss Li,
感謝鄒老師和李老師
because I was so bad,
因為我曾經表現很差
and then they believed in me, they knew I had potential,
然而他們相信我,他們知道我有潛力
and I was just very grateful for that.
我對此非常感謝
Three cheers for the teachers! Hip, hip! Hooray!
給教師們三聲歡呼,加油加油,萬歲
Hip, hip! Hooray!
加油加油,萬歲
Hip, hip! Hooray!
加油加油,萬歲
And one for luck! Hip, hip! Hooray!
再來一次祝好運,加油加油,萬歲
OK. I can see you! Show me all your face!
好了,把臉露出來,把你們的臉都露出來
Hang on! One, two, three!
保持住,一,二,三