For the pupils and teachers of the Chinese school,
對于中式學校的學生和老師們來說
these four weeks have been a challenge of endurance...
這四周是一場耐力戰
Tested by cultural differences.
經受了文化差異的考驗
Excuse me, you two!
哎哎哎,你們倆
You didn't show me your manners.
你們很沒禮貌
I never seen a student like you.
從來沒見過像你這樣的學生
You embarrassed the Bohunt.
你丟了博航特中學的臉
And the occasional lost-in-translation moment.
還有偶爾的溝通不暢問題
Who can tell me what "Pp" Means?
誰能告訴我PP是什么意思
You said pee-pee!
你剛剛說"尿尿"
There was time lost to discipline problems.
紀律問題一度無法控制
Listen to me, to teacher!
聽我講,聽老師上課
And time spent forming new relationships.
還有花在建立新戀情上的時間
Too young for it, in my book. Too young.
太早了,在我看來,太早了
The big question now is, has the Chinese school managed to overcome all the disruption to triumph in the test?
最重要的問題是,中式學校有沒有克服所有的混亂,在考試中獲勝呢
The results are in,
結果出來了
and the Chinese teachers will soon know how their students have done.
中國老師馬上會知道他們的學生成績如何
Luca. Thank you.
盧卡,謝謝
Angelina.
安吉麗娜
At Bohunt, the kids are used to grades,
在博航特中學,孩子們通常會拿到得分
but they've never been ranked against each other.
但他們從未排出過名次高低
I got 100% in maths!
我數學拿了滿分
Yes. Oh, my God!
沒錯,我的天
My academic ability has definitely improved during this experiment.
我的學術能力在這次試驗中絕對提高了
It's all about hard work and not really chatting or messing around.
重點是努力學習,不要聊天和打鬧
And a lot of it's getting on with work by yourself,
而且在很大程度上需要自主學習
and I think I'm often quite good at working on my own.
我覺得我一直都很擅長自主學習
I don't know if this is good or not, I'm not sure.
我不知道這是好還是壞,我不確定
For maths, this is 51%. I can tell you...
數學得了51分,我可以告訴你...
Is that good or bad?
那是好還是壞
In our small class group, you're the best. OK?
在我們的補習小組里,你是第一,好嗎
Are you happy? Yeah.
你開心嗎?開心
But you can be much, much better, as I told you, right?
但你還可以做得更好,我跟你說過的,是嗎
This isn't really that bad.
并沒那么糟糕
Well, for me, it's not that bad.
對我來說,并不糟糕
Do you feel happy? I'm not that pleased.
你開心嗎?我不那么開心
Why not? Tell me.
為什么呢,跟我說說
I came nineteenth in Mandarin.
我的普通話考了第19名
23rd in English, 34th in maths,
英語第23名,數學第34名
and 32nd in science.So it's not what you expected, right?
科學32名,不符合你的期望,是嗎
I'm annoyed with myself.
我生自己的氣
I only just passed Mandarin.
我普通話才剛剛及格
But to be honest, Chinese education isn't the most encouraging thing.
說實話,中式教學法不夠鼓舞人心
OK. Why? Cos they're always just...
好的,為什么,因為他們總是...
it's just all expectations that maybe you can't always reach.
會給你也許沒辦法實現的期望
But if you try hard and you keep, you know, trying hard,
但如果你努力,并且持續努力
no matter where you go to work, or you go to school,
不論你去哪兒工作,或者上學
you try your best, then that won't hurt you. You can just...
盡力而為,排名就無所謂了,你就...
I did try my best!
我確實盡力了
And you're just telling me my best isn't good enough.
而你剛剛告訴我,我盡了全力還是不夠好
Yeah, I'm happy with them.
我對這個成績挺滿意的
Cos I didn't pay attention, like, do that well in the first two weeks of the Chinese thing.
因為對于中式教學法,最開始兩個星期的時候我壓根沒注意聽講
So I think I did all right, like, considering I concentrated for two weeks.
所以我覺得我表現還不錯,畢竟我只聽了兩個星期