1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、immediate
立即的;即刻的;即時的
These tragic incidents have had an immediate effect.
這些悲劇性事件造成的后果即刻顯現。
My immediate reaction was just disgust.
我當時的第一反應就是反感。
最接近的;緊接的
In the immediate aftermath of the riots, a mood of hope and reconciliation sprang up.
暴亂過后緊接著出現了期待未來與盼望和解的氣氛。
His immediate superior, General Geichenko, had singled him out for special mention.
他的直接上級蓋琴科將軍特別提到了他。