Thanks for having me.
謝謝邀請我來
So today I am going to be talking about how to go from zero users to many users.
今天我來和大家一起分享讓客戶從無到多的方法
I'm just assuming that you have many great ideas in your head at this moment
我假定你們現在已有很棒的創意
and you're kind of thinking about what the next step is.
你們目前面臨的難點是,下一步該怎么辦
So I wrote this up early this morning,
因此,我今天早上寫了這些
and a lot of this is based off of mistakes I've made in the past.
這些是從我過去的失誤中總結出來的
So as Sam mentioned, I went through YC in 2010 and spent a number,
正如Sam之前提到的,我于2010年加入YC
three years basically, going back and forth pivoting a bunch of times,
中間經歷了一些關鍵的轉折
starting over a bunch of time
斷斷續續加起來差不多三年的時間
And have learned a lot about what not to do
從中學到了很多經驗
if I were to start another startup after Homejoy if that should ever happen.
在Homejoy之后,現在再讓我創業,很多錯誤我不會再犯
And so a lot of it comes from failure and just telling you about what you shouldn't do
所以我的很多經驗都是從失敗中總結出來的,今天和大家一起分享,希望大家從中總結
and kind of making generalizations of what you should do from that.
什么是該做的,什么是不該做的
So just a reminder that this is, sort of, you know,
我還要提醒大家一點,
all advice you should take as directionally good guidance, like if all,
我今天和大家分享的一些建議,這些建議
like it's, it's kind of in the right direction.
從大方向上來看是有益的建議
But every business is different, you are different, I'm not you,
但是每個企業是不同的,每一個人也都是不一樣的
and so just take everything with, you know, that in mind.
所以還是要從實際出發,請謹記這一點
So since this is a college course, you know,
由于你們還是大學生
when you start a startup you should basically have lots of time on your hands to concentrate on the start up.
眾所周知,創業需要很多的時間,你需要全身心的投入到創業中
And I'm not saying you should you know, quit school or you should quit work.
我并非在此建議大家輟學或辭職
What I'm saying is you should have a lot of time, compressed time in a row.
我要強調的是,你需要大量的時間來弄創業方面事情
Really dedicated to immersing yourself in the idea and developing problems,
你需要大量的時間,來完善你的創業思路,并且提出需要解決的問題
or developing the solutions to the problem you're trying to solve.
從而想出解決問題的方法
So for example if you're in school, you know,
大家現在還在讀書,我建議大家
it's better to have one or two days straight of per week on working on your idea versus you know,
最好每周能夠有一到兩整天的時間來弄創業方面事情
spending two hours here and there every single day during the course of the week.
而不是在上課周每天拿出兩三個小時的時間
It's sort of like,
我覺得
I think this is an engineering class so it's sort of like coding.
這就好比是編程一樣
Like there's a lot of context switching
編程需要很多的背景的轉換
and just being able to really focus, really, really focus and immerse yourself is very very important.
這需要大家高度集中的注意力,讓你自己全身心的投入到其中,這一點非常重要
So, like I said, I sort of first,
正如我所說的
when I wrote this up was thinking
我在準備今天課程的時候
what are things that some people do or most people do that is not the correct way to do a startup
我在想,大多數人的創業方法是不正確的
and sort of the novice approach I think is what you see up here.
以上是我列舉的不正確的幾點做法