You know, if your thing is related to restaurants
如果你想從事餐飲行業
you should become a waiter it's really to you know,
那么你就要從體驗服務員的工作開始
if it's painting you know become a painter kind of
如果你想辦跟繪畫相關的公司,你應該從畫畫開始
get in the shoes of your customers from all angles of what you're trying to build.
從客戶的角度出發,從各個角度去了解要創辦的公司
The other thing is there's also levels of obsessiveness that you should have with it too as well.
另外,你還需要對這個行業充滿熱忱
You should be so obsessed to know what everybody in the space is doing.
你應該對這個行業里的人都在做什么充滿了好奇,并且去了解他們
And it's things like, you know,
你應該
running a list of all the potential competitors or similar types of companies,
列一份潛在競爭者或者是同類型公司的名單
Google searching it,
用谷歌搜索一下
and clicking on every single link and reading every single article from like, search result 1 to 1,000.
認真查看搜索出來的每一條信息,閱讀從第一條到第1000條結果
You know, I found all potential competitors,
我曾經列舉了潛在的競爭者名單
big and small, and if they're public, I would go read their S1's,
無論公司大小,只要他們上市,我就去看他們的S1文件
I would go read all their quarterly financials,
閱讀了他們所有的季度財務報表
I would, you know, sit on the earnings calls.
參加他們的財報發布會
There's, you know, most of these you don't get much out of it,
有的時候,大部分信息可能對你沒有太大用處
but there's just these golden nuggets that you'll find once in a while and you can't,
但是有的時候你會發現一些寶貴的信息
you won't be able to find that unless you actually go through the work of,
但是倘若你不把所有的信息都看一遍,在腦海中有印象的話
you know, getting all that information in your head.
你是不會發現這是有用的信息的
So yeah, you should become an expert in the industry.
因此,你應當成為該行業的專家
There should be no doubt when you're building this
因此,當你成為這個行業的專家時
that you are the expert so that people will trust you when you're building this product.
別人才不會質疑你推出的新產品
The second thing is identifying customer segments.
再者,要細分客戶,選擇你所面向的客戶群體
So you know, ideally at the end of the day, in the end game,
如果你推出的產品全世界人人都使用
you built a product or a business that everybody in the world is using
這當然再好不過了
But realistically in the beginning you kind of
但是現實點來看,這不太可能
want to corner off a certain part of the customer base
因此在創業初期,你應當定位你的客戶群體
so that you can really optimize for them, and that's just you know,
這樣就可以從該客戶群體的特殊需求出發
it's just about a matter of focus and a matter of you know,
去研發他們所需要的產品和服務
just catering towards whether it's teenage girls or whether it's you know, soccer moms.
無論你的目標客戶群體是少女或者是家庭婦女
You would just be able to you know, like I said focus a lot on their needs.
一旦確定了客戶群體,就應當專注于他們的需求
And, lastly before before you even create the product,
最后,在你推出產品之前
before you put code down,
在你為網站編程之前
you should really storyboard out the ideal user experience of how you're, how you're gonna solve the problem.
你應當在對客戶體驗有一個完整的流程圖,如何解決問題的流程
And that, and that's not just meaning, you know, the web site itself, it's meaning, you know,
這不僅僅是關于這個網站本身
how does the customer find out about you.
還應當是,客戶如何知道你的網站
You know, whether it's, you know,
通過廣告的方式
it could be through an ad or through word of mouth or whatever, so they find out about you.
或者是心口相傳的方式讓客戶知道你的網站
They come to your site, they learn more about you,
客戶訪問你的網站,了解關于產品的更多信息
what's all that text say, what are you communicating to them.
網站上對產品的說明是什么,你如何與客戶進行交流
So the actual, when they sign up for the product or they purchase the service,
因此,當客戶選擇你的產品或者服務時
what are they actually getting,
他們使用產品或享受服務之后
to after they finish using the product or after they finish using the service.
他們真正所感受到的到底是什么呢?
What's you know, there's sort of like an evaluation period,
這需要一個評價階段
like they leave a review, or they leave comments or whatnot,
他們可以留下評論,意見等
and just being able to go through that whole flow and visualize in your head,
這一切的流程你應當在腦海中過一遍
like just envision what the perfect user experience is
把最優的流程記錄下來
and then put it down on paper and then put it into code, and then start from there.
然后再去編程,然后再繼續