Mr. Arable smiled.
阿拉布爾先生微笑了。
"Certainly not," he said, looking down at his daughter with love.
“當然不會,”他說著,疼愛地低頭看著女兒,
"But this is different. A little girl is one thing, a little runty pig is another."
“不過這是兩碼事。女孩小是一回事,落腳豬小又是一回事。”
"I see no difference," replied Fern,
“我看不出有什么兩樣,”弗恩回答說,
still hanging on to the ax.
仍舊抓住斧頭不放,
"This is the most terrible case of injustice I ever heard of."
“我聽到過那么多不公平的事,這件事是最最不公平的。”
A queer look came over John Arable's face.
約翰.阿拉布爾先生臉上掠過一種古怪的表情。
He seemed almost ready to cry himself.
他覺得自己也要哭出來了。
"All right," he said. "You go back to the house and I will bring the runt when I come in.
“好吧好吧,”他說,“你先回去,我回家的時候把這落腳豬帶回來,
I'll let you start it on a bottle, like a baby.
讓你用奶瓶喂它奶,像喂小寶寶似的。
Then you'll see what trouble a pig can be."
這下子你就會看到,對付一只小豬有多么麻煩了。”