Sure, we'll start with, two questions online or we can start with others.
我想問兩個來自網上的問題,或是我問別的問題
You guys are in charge, whatever you wanna do.
你們說了算,問什么都行
Okay. So, to start with, online questions.
第一個網上的問題
The most voted question today was-
今天大家最想問的問題是
Do I have to repeat them, by the way?
我得重復一下問題嗎?
Yeah. Okay.
是的。好的
How can a non-technical founder most effectively contribute to a startup?
沒有技術背景的創始人如何在創業公司中最有效地做出自己的貢獻?
How can a non-technical founder most effectively contribute to a startup?
沒有技術背景的創始人如何在創業公司中最有效地做出自己的貢獻?
Well, if the startup is, if the startup is working in some domain.
如果是某些領域的創業
If it's not a pure technology startup,
如果不是純技術領域的創業
but is working in some very specific domain, like, if it's Uber, right?
是某個特殊的領域,例如Uber公司
And the, and the non-technical founder was an expert in the limo business, then, actually,
非技術出身的創始人是豪華轎車行業的佼佼者
the non-technical founder would probably be doing most of the work,
非技術出身的創始人所做的大部分工作
recruiting drivers and doing whatever else Uber has to do, right?
就是,招募司機和其他公司事務
And the technical founder will be just writing the iPhone app,
技術出身的創始人就會寫應用程序
which is probably less, well, iPhone and Android app, hm, which is less than half of it.
iPhone應用程序、Android應用程序這還不到總工作量的一半
If it's a purely technology startup, the, the non-technical founder does sales.
如果是純技術創業,非技術出身的創始人可以做銷售
And brings coffee and cheeseburgers to the programmer.
給程序員們跑跑腿,打打雜
Okay, next. Oh, audience? Okay, audience, yes?
下一個,下一個同學,請講
Do you see, any value in business school for people who want to pursue entrepreneur, entrepreneurship?
你認為想創業的人去讀商學院有用么?
Do I see any value in.
我覺得有用嗎?
Or, if so, what value, I guess? I'm hoping that's not.
如果有用,有什么用?
Well, we probably won't have to get to the second question.
第二個問題可能直接不需要回答了
Which I suppose is the answer to your first question.
你的第一個問題我已經隱含回答了
Okay, so the question is, is there any value in business school if you're interested in entrepreneurship?
問題是,想創業的人去讀商學院有用么?
And, if so, what? So, basically, no.
如果有用,有什么用?幾乎沒有用。
I mean, it sounds undiplomatic, but the point,
這個回答貌似唐突,但是合理的
what business school was designed for is to teach people management, right?
商學院的作用是教給大家管理的方法
And management is a problem that you only have in a startup if you're sufficiently successful.
只有創業成功了才能談管理問題
So, really, what you need to,
因此,你需要做的是
what you need to know early on to make a startup successful, is developing products.
要想創業,初期要做的是研發產品
You'd be better off going to design school, if you want to go to some sort of school.
如果你非想讀個學校,還不如去讀設計學校呢
Although frankly, the way to learn how to do it is just to do it, you know?
坦白講,創業的方法是在創業過程中逐步積累的,你知道嗎?
One of the things I got wrong early on,
曾經我犯過一個錯誤
is that I advised people who were interested in starting a startup to go work
我建議有志創業的人
for some other company for a few years before starting their own.
先去其他公司工作幾年,再創業
But, honestly, the best way to learn how to start a startup is to try and start it.
開誠布公地講,學習創業的最好方法是開始創業
You may not be successful, but you'll learn faster if you just do it.
你不一定能成功,但是你會從中學到很多,進步很快
So, not really.
也不盡然
Business schools are trying really hard to do this, but honestly, like, they were,
商學院也盡可能教學生創業,但是
they were designed to train the officer corps of large companies, right?
商學院的主要目的是為大公司培養高管,對吧