You said, management is a problem that you have only when you're successful. Yes.
既然你說管理是創業成功后才談的事兒,是的
So what about those first two or three people as a founder that you're trying to manage?
那么,作為創始人怎么管理最初的兩三個員工呢?
Okay, so management is a problem only if you're successful.
管理是創業成功后才談的事兒
What about those first two or three people?
怎么管理最初的兩三個員工呢?
Well, ideally, you're successful before you even hire two or three people, right?
理想情況是,在雇兩三個員工之前,你就已經成功了
Didn't you say, Sam, that Airbnb took five months to hire their first employee?
Sam,你是不是說過Airbnb花了5個月的時間來雇第一名員工?
So ideally, you don't have even two or three people for quite a while.
理想情況下,一段時間內你孤身奮戰,連兩三個員工都沒有
When you do, you can, you can sort of, the, the first hires in a startup are almost like founders.
開始招的幾個人可以算得上是創始人
They should be motivated by the same things.
這些“創始人”志同道合
They can't be people, they can't be people you have to, like, manage, right?
招的這些人根本不需要管理
This is like that, this is not, like, the Office or something like that.
你們之間沒有嚴格的上下級關系
These are your, these have to be your peers, really.
你們是戰友
You shouldn't have to manage them much.
不需要管理他們
So it's just a big no-no, like if someone has to be managed, no way they can be on the founding team?
你剛才說,創始團隊里的人不需要管理
Well, never say never.
不能說的太絕對
I should repeat all these questions, so if someone has to manage,
復述一下問題
no way they should be on the founding team?
創始團隊里的人不需要管理
In, in the case where you're doing something where you need some sort of super advanced technical thing.
有時創業需要精尖技術人才
And there's some boffin, if you know that word,
這些精尖技術人才中有的是“書呆子”
who knows this thing and nothing else in the world including, like how to wipe his mouth.
只關心技術,心無旁騖
Then it may be to your advantage to hire said boffin and wipe his mouth for him. But. Okay.
你最好是招募他們,為他們做好“后勤保障”工作,好的
As a general rule, you want people who are, sort of self-motivated early on.
一般而言,創業早期你需要會自我激勵的隊友
They should be just like founders.
他們如同創始人一般。