That skirt is horrific. Can we unroll it, please?
你的裙子真是太可怕了。你能把裙擺展開嗎
Are you talking to me? Yeah, I am talking to you. Yeah.
你在和我說話嗎?對,就是你
Head teacher Neil Strowger has been keeping a close eye on progress.
教學主任尼爾·史端喬一直密切關注著進展
Hi. So, Miss Li asked me when objective clause is following prepositions.
你好。李老師問我,賓語從句中什么時候接介詞
They've had a difficult beginning, the Chinese teachers, but things are improving.
中國老師們雖然出師不利,但情況正在好轉
Now is when we will see whether the students respond to that
接下來就得看學生們的最終表現
and whether that will show us that this really is the best way.
證明這是否真的是最好的教學方法
Turn to page 16, please.
請把書翻到第十六頁
If you don't have any questions, we'll move on.
沒問題的話,我們就往下講
I think, as Head Teacher, I hate to lose.
作為教學主任,我不希望輸
So, I will be absolutely gutted if we find out that the Chinese method is, indeed, the best way.
如果我們發現,居然中式教育才是最好的教育方法,我會非常失望
That will be a bitter pill to swallow.
我很難接受這種結果
Yes, excellent, very good. Excellent.
對,非常好,非常好
But with the kids now buckling down,
孩子們開始用心學習之后
the rigid Chinese teaching seems to be having an effect.
嚴格的中式教學法似乎有了成效
Can you tell me how to say, have, has, or had in Chinese?
誰能告訴我"有"的中文怎么說
"You." "You." Yes. Can you repeat it?
有。"有"。對了,能再說一遍嗎
"You." "You." Well done. How about you?
有,有。很好,你來
It's all about repetition and copying notes from the board.
中式教學法的精髓在于不斷重復和抄板書
Please repeat after me.
跟我讀
Four weeks ago, Mandarin teacher Zhao Wei's pupils didn't know a word of Chinese.
四周前,普通話老師趙維的學生一句中文都不會說
So, which one? C!
選哪個?C
C. Yeah, just circle C. Understand that?
C,對了,把C圈上,懂了嗎
The Mandarin teacher, she's what I expected a Chinese teacher to be like...
普通話老師和我想象中的中國老師一樣
because she's strict and she's to the point and she's...She's scary.
因為她很嚴厲,說話簡明扼要,而且...還很嚇人
Does anybody remember how to say "elder brothers?"
有人記得"哥哥"怎么說嗎
I think she expects a lot more of us.
我覺得她對我們有更高的要求
Oh, yeah, on my homework once she wrote, "Could try harder."
有一次她給我的作業評語是"尚需努力"
I got one thing wrong.
其實我只錯了一處
Rosie, the third sentence...
羅茜,第三句
Remember, in your exam on Thursday, you also need to write a composition.
記住,周四的考試中,你們也要寫一篇作文
We will have very, very typical Chinese lesson preparing for the exam.
我們要上一堂很典型的中文復習課來應付考試
We will do a lot of revision.
我們將進行大量復習
You know, writing, and everything, exercise.
做寫作和其他方面的練習
They need to know, do they really learn something during this one month
他們需要知道,這一個月來他們是真的有所收獲
or they just wasting their time and doing nothing?
還是虛度光陰一無所成
Now, your homework.
現在留作業
Write a short composition to introduce yourself.
寫一篇介紹自己的小作文
Oh, that's all so complicated.
好難啊