Yep, Philippa!
好 菲利帕
I hate this!
我真討厭這項
Don't throw, push.
別往下扔 要推出去
I can't... I can't clear the yellow line.
我做不到...我扔不到黃線那
Three metres 70, so that gets you one mark.
3.7米。你可以得一分
You just need, you know, 30 more centimetres and you'll be done.
你只需要再多扔三十厘米就好了
You know, a ruler's length, and then you'll be fine.
就一把尺子那么長就行了
She got 5.3 and she's really annoyed.
她扔了5.3米 她很惱怒
How'd you do in the run? I can't remember.
你跑步成績怎么樣?我記不住了
How'd you do in sit-ups?
仰臥起坐的成績呢
It's the only one you haven't passed.
這是你唯一沒及格的一項
I know, but I don't even care about passing.
我知道。但我不關心及不及格
I just think it's a really bad, like...
我就是感覺太糟糕了 就是...
Why? I just don't think comparing yourself to others is a good, healthy lifestyle.
為什么?我不覺得把自己和別人比是一種健康向上的生活方式
This is the experience, isn't it?
這就是種經歷 是不是
And this is what it's like. And I know you're supposed...
就是這樣的。我知道你應該...
They're used to doing it.
他們習慣這么做
It's just a shock to us cos we've never done this sort of, like, competition every week.
但我們覺得很震驚 因為我們從來沒有每周都進行比賽這樣
I'm a perfectionist, so I get really hard on myself and really self-critical.
我是個完美主義者,我對自己的要求非常嚴格,我會怪自己不爭氣
I just don't think competitions like this is my sort of thing.
我覺得自己真的不擅長這樣的競爭方式
Right, you need to stop, OK? Stop.
好了 別哭了 好嗎 別哭了
I can't stop. But you can. You can stop,
我停不下來。你可以 別再想了
because you have to concentrate on the things that you are good at.
因為你得把注意力放在你擅長的事情上
There's nothing to hide, there's nothing to be ashamed of, OK?
沒什么要遮掩的,沒什么可羞愧的 明白嗎
You need to hold your head up high.
你要挺胸抬頭
You've been trying so hard.
你一直都很努力
It doesn't work, though. But listen to me.
但沒成功。但聽我說
This is how it is.
人生就是如此
Let's go get a drink and calm down.
我們去喝點東西冷靜一下
You've taken onboard what I've said?
我說的你都聽進去了嗎
It's really hit home to me why we set students in PE.
為什么要讓學生們上體育課,我覺得這個原因至關重要
But effectively, this Chinese way,
但其實這個中式方法
this, they're being told that their best isn't good enough.
讓學生們明白自己盡力做到的最好還是不夠好
It just puts so much pressure on them to pass
這給學生們增加了巨大的考試壓力
and if they don't pass, they feel like a failure -
如果他們掛科了 他們會感覺像個失敗者
and it just breaks my heart to see, to see students get so upset.
看到學生們如此沮喪,這太讓我傷心了