Muslim Americans feel it when they're.
美國穆斯林也有這種感受.
Stared at with suspicion because of their faith.
總有人因為信仰問題用懷疑的眼光盯著他們.
Any woman who knows the injustice of earning less pay for doing the same work.
做同樣工作 但收入不如男性多的女性.
She knows what it's like to be on the outside looking in.
同樣也知道局外人的感受.
Your experiences give you special insight.
你們的經歷 為你們提供了特別的見地.
That today's leaders need.
這是今天的領袖所必需的.
If you tap into that experience, it should endow you with empathy.
深入挖掘這種經歷 它會讓你富有同情心.
the understanding of what it's like to walk in somebody else's shoes.
讓你能對別人的感受感同身受.
To see through their eyes.
通過人們的眼睛看見人們的內心.
To know what it's like when you're not born on 3rd base, thinking you hit a triple.
讓你知道出身貧賤卻想成功會有多難.
It should give you the ability to connect.
它會賦予你換位思考的能力.
It should give you a sense of compassion and what it means to overcome barriers.
它會賦予同情之心 告訴你什么叫克服障礙.
And I will tell you, class of 2013, whatever success I have achieved.
我要告訴你們 2013屆畢業生 不管我取得了什么成就.
Whatever positions of leadership I have held.
不管我手中握有怎樣的領導權.
Have depended less on ivy league degrees or sat scores or gpas.
最重要的 并不是因為常春藤盟校學位或高考和大學成績.
And have instead been due to that sense of connection and empathy.
最重要的是這種換位思考和同理心.
The special obligation I felt as a black man like you.
是我和你們一樣 作為一名黑人的特殊責任感.
To help those who need it most.
去幫助那些最需要幫助的人.
People who didn't have the opportunities that I had.
幫助那些沒有我這樣機會的人.
Because there but for the grace of god go I.
如果不是上帝恩典.
I might have been in their shoes.
我可能和他們一樣.
I might have been in prison.
我可能被捕入獄.
I might have been unemployed.
我可能失業.
I might not have been able to support a family.
我可能無法支撐一個家庭.