As a massive star contracts its gravity becomes so strong that light can no longer escape.
質量巨大的恒星收縮時 它的重力會變得如此之強 以至于連光都不再能逸出
The region from which nothing can escape is called a black hole and its boundary is called the event horizon.
依任何物質都無法逃離的邊界劃定一個范圍 它的內部就是黑洞 而它的邊界就是所謂的事件視界
One might say of the event horizon what Dante said of the entrance to hell "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."
你不妨這么看待事件視界 像丹特所說 如同地獄的入口 "汝等進入此地 須棄絕一切所望"
I was once asked to actually be an adjudicator on an essay of which the subject was "How to fall through a black hole and live."
我曾被邀請作為評審員 來審核這樣一篇論文 "如何進入一個黑洞并且生存下來"
Now, the problem I had was that I wouldn't know how to give out the prize.
審核它的困難在于 我不知道 怎樣才能把獎頒給它
because if I said, "That looks like a good essay"
因為 如果我說 "這文章看起來不錯"
the only real way of showing this was right was to actually follow it, to do the experiment and fall in.
那么唯一能證實它的方法就是 如文章所說 真的去做這么一個實驗 進入黑洞
But then, having fallen in,I would assume taking the person who wrote the essay with you
可是 進入黑洞之后呢 我覺得把這文章的作者一起帶進黑洞是個好主意
the question would be, how do you tell the rest of the world?
問題在于 你倆要如何把結果告訴世界上的其他人
Do you take the prize in that you give to them
要不要把頒給他們的獎帶著
and what do they do with it when they get to the center?
而且他們進入到中心之后怎么辦
Believe me I've been waiting a long time for someone like you to record this moment.
相信我 我已等待多時 等一個你這樣的人 來記錄這個偉大的時刻
Thank you, Doctor.Then I'm ready.Ready to embark on man's greatest journey.
謝謝你 博士 我準備好了 為人類最偉大的航行 我已經就緒
Certainly his riskiest.The risk is incidental compared to the possibility to possess the great truth of the unknown.
顯然也是最冒險的 風險是多么的微不足道 獲得有關未知的偉大真理的可能就在眼前
There...long-cherished laws of nature simply do not apply.
就在那里 自然的普適規(guī)則 將會被打破
They vanish.And life?Life?Life forever.
它們灰飛煙滅 那生命呢 生命 生命永恒