With things reaching crisis point, Bohunt school has decided to intervene.
由于中式教育的到達瓶頸,博航特中學校方決定進行干預
Stewart Vaughn is Bohunt's Head of School and is in charge of enforcing discipline.
斯圖爾特·沃恩是博航特中學的教導主任,主抓學校德育問題
He believes it's time to step in.
他認為是時候進行介入了
OK, sit down. Please.
好了,都坐下。拜托,請坐
These are well-behaved students.
他們都是很守規矩的學生
Even lovely students are being actually quite disrespectful,
聽說連那些好學生也都表現得很無禮
and that's been quite a shock to us and quite disappointing to us.
真的是讓我們覺得非常震驚,非常失望
And we think we've probably reached that point
所以我們認為可能是時候
where we need a little bit more additional Bohunt support alongside the Chinese teachers.
讓博航特給中國教師多一些額外支持了
We thought, at this point,
我們認為,這時候
it would make sense for us to take a slightly bigger role in terms of behaviour management.
讓校方規范學生的行為作用更大,更有意義
Now, what I don't want to do is come here today and just tell you what to do,
今天我來到這不是為了告訴你們該做什么
or impose an English behaviour management system on you,
去強加給你們英式行為規范體系
because I think that defeats the purpose of what we're trying to look at with this experiment.
因為我覺得,那樣會阻礙我們嘗試進行這項實驗的真正目的
But I think there is one thing that we have to work on together -
但我覺得有一點,我們必須通力合作
and that is, very simply, under no circumstances should they be talking when you are talking.
很簡單,就是無論什么情況,在你們講話時他們不能說話
So, what I'm going to ask you to do is to stop
所以,我想讓你們做的就是停下來
and to wait and to make it clear that you're not going to carry on
等著讓他們自己搞清楚,如果學生自己在下面私自交談
if students are carrying on with their own conversations and not showing you enough respect.
沒有給予你們足夠的尊重,那么你們就不會繼續講授課程
Ok. Ok?
好吧。行嗎
If a student carries on, you give them a warning
如果學生還是接著說話,你就給予他們警告
and if they carry on after that, you refer them to a Bohunt member of staff.
要是他們屢教不改,就把他們移交給博航特的人員來處理
And that's all designed to give you more space to do your Chinese teaching
這樣一來,你們就可以花更多時間進行重視教學了
What I am going to do... is come in tomorrow morning ...
我明天早上來...要做的就是
and make that expectation very clear to the students.
把這項計劃明確地傳達給學生們
No matter how they say in a polite way, we haven't done our job properly.
不管他們怎樣委婉地表達,我們都沒有做好自己的本職工作
We are here to bring them the unique Chinese style of teaching and try to enrich their experience.
我們來這里是為了引入獨特的中式教育,努力充實他們的閱歷
But all we are suffering is the class discipline.
但我們遇到的全是課堂紀律問題
I might feel... How to say?
我感覺...怎么說呢
A sense of disappointment.
很失望
Someone's lost their mug.
誰杯子丟了
No job is easy... But I didn't expect teaching here to be so hard.
工作本就不易...但我沒想到這的教學如此艱難
We cannot manage. It's a shame on us.
我們沒能好好管理,這是我們的遺憾
It embarrass all of us.
讓我們都困窘不堪