Nearly halfway through the experiment
實驗進程已經過半
and the kids of the Chinese school think it's just another day.
而中式學校的學生認為只不過是另一天而已
Good morning. Jelly?
早上好,吃果凍不
They're about to get a nasty surprise.
他們即將得到一個不愉快的驚喜
Morning. Good morning.
早啊。早上好
Good morning. Hello. Good morning.
早上好。你好,早上好
OK, let's go in.
好了,進去吧
Oh, my God.
天哪
Good morning, everybody. Can I have your attention this way now, please?
大家早上好。請集中注意聽我說
So, if we can close books, put pens down.
把書合上,把筆放下
I need your full and undivided attention now.
我需要你們全神貫注
Eyes this way, please.
眼睛看著我
Eyes this way, please.
眼睛看著我
Ok. Folks, I'm here this morning because some things have cropped up
好。各位,我之所以今早來這是因為目前出現的一些事情
that I think I need to talk to you about at this stage of the experiment.
我認為在實驗的這個階段,需要跟你們好好聊聊
When a member of staff - like I am now -
當教職人員,像我現在這樣
is stood in front of you explaining,
站在你們面前說明情況
giving instruction, teaching you, and you're not focused, and you're off task,
給予指導,教育你們時,而你們卻不專心,走神
and you're not listening, and you're distracting other people, then there will have to be consequences.
不聽講,干擾他人的話,你們會就受到懲罰,后果自負
We wouldn't tolerate that in any normal lesson at Bohunt and it has to apply here,
我們不允許這類事情發生在博航特中學的課堂上,同樣這里也一樣
irrespective of any cultural differences.
不管是否存在文化差異
Does anybody not understand what it is I'm asking of you this morning?
有誰還沒聽懂我現在所說的要求嗎
Does anybody have a problem with what I'm asking of you this morning?
有誰對我的要求有意見嗎
OK. Well, thanks very much. Have a good day.
好,謝謝,祝你們一天愉快
Bye, sir.
老師再見
The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
實踐是最好的檢驗
It's very easy for them to sit there, because they know me.
讓他們坐在那聽我講很簡單,因為他們知道我是誰
It's very easy to sit there,
讓他們坐在那里很簡單
because they know the expectations we have as a school and nod compliantly.
因為他們知道我們學校的要求,所以他們點頭順從
The challenge will be whether they go back into Chinese lessons and take those expectations on board.
現在的挑戰就是他們回到中式課堂后,是否還會認真對待那些要求
Alfie! I love you so much. You're my best friend.
艾菲!我太愛你了,你是我的好基友