Zhao Wei has taught in British schools before
魏昭曾在英國教過書
and she has some very pointed views about why she thinks the Chinese system is better.
她認為中國教育系統更優良,并有一些非常尖銳的理由
The reason why the British students fall behind - it's their attitude.
英國學生落后的原因,在于他們的態度
They don't realise that study is not only a right, it's also a responsibility.
他們沒有意識到,學習不僅是權利,更是責任
The country offers you this opportunity and you need to value it.
國家給了你這個機會,你應該珍視
You can't just say because I come to this school free, I don't need to pay for it.
你不能只是說,我來上學,完全免費,我不用交錢
That's why they don't value it.
所以他們不重視
In fact, they do pay for it.
而事實上,他們交了錢
It's from the tax your parents pay, from other parents' pay.
這錢來自你父母交的稅,別人父母交的稅
The money's not from the sky, right?
錢不是從天上掉下來的,懂嗎
But even Chinese education isn't all about chalk and talk.
但即使是中國教育,也不總是填鴨教學
After two weeks in the classroom teaching Mandarin,
在教室里教了兩周普通話后
Miss Wei wants to give the kids a taste of Chinese culture.
魏老師想讓學生接觸一下中國文化
When you talk about culture for a country, you always talk about the food.
當你談論一個國家文化的時候,你總是在談論食物
Like when we talk about UK - fish and chips, obviously.
就像我們談論英國的時候,顯然想到了魚和薯條
So, when you talk about China,
所以,當你討論中國的時候
I think dumplings will be a very important food you need to mention.
我認為餃子是一種非常重要,值得一提的食物
I remember when I was just a little girl,
我記得當我還是小女孩的時候
I would just stand beside my parents while they were making dumplings.
我會站在我父母旁邊看他們做餃子
It's really nice, you know, family time, get together, enjoy the food together.
非常愉悅的時光,知道嗎,一家人團聚一起,一起享受食物
Because my mum make the best dumplings.
我媽媽做的餃子最棒
Much, much better than me. Mum's food is always the best.
比我做的好多了。媽媽做的總是最好的
Yeah, Mum's food, yes. It's always the best, you know?
是啊,媽媽做的,當然了,總是最棒的
It's not only the taste of dumplings, it's the moment you spend with your family.
不僅是因為餃子的味道,更因為這是你和家人一起度過的時光
And we are a big group, you know? Like a family.
我們是一個大群體,知道嗎,就像一家人
Hurry up. Stay here. Hurry, hurry up. Move in, move in.
快點,呆在這里,快點快點,進來,進來
Please move in. Move in.
請進來,進來
Hurry up. Move in, hurry up.
快點,進來,快點
Oh, you're not having a mug of tea.
哦,你不能喝茶
Now, sit yourself down, please.
各位,請坐下
We choose dumpling, because it's a family work, you know?
我們選擇餃子,因為這是一家人共同的任務,知道嗎
We do want them to experience that family life in China,
我們很想讓他們體驗中式家庭生活
because the students are in groups, so they work as family, you know?
因為學生們是一個集體,所以他們彼此像家人一樣
Some make the skin, some do these things and while they doing it, they can talk with each other -
有些人做皮,有些人做餡,當他們做的時候,可以相互交談
laughing and they can say,
大笑著說
"Oh, look at your dumplings, they're ugly.
哦,看看你做的餃子,太丑了
"Look at mine, mine's brilliant", you know?
看看我的,我的太棒了
That is the same way as what we do in China.
這和我們在中國的做法一樣
I feel like a Chinese Paul Hollywood.
這就是中國的保羅·好萊塢美食秀
This is the best dumpling.
這是最棒的一個餃子
This is a better one, which I didn't make.
這個更棒,不過不是我做的
Rosie, Rosie, it looks like a foetus in a womb!
羅西,羅西,這看起來像子宮里的胎兒
Yeah, that's good. Well done.
那個很不錯,干的漂亮
By doing this, they're not only learning the Chinese culture
通過這個活動,他們不僅學到了中國文化
and make a bit of dumplings for themselves,
給自己做了餃子
and I hope they will encourage them
我更希望能在我們講授學業時
and build a better, positive relationship in delivering our academic subjects as well.
促進他們與我們建立更良性,更積極的關系
Come and try your dumplings.
過來嘗嘗你們的餃子