Everything in the Chinese school is aimed at instilling a sense of collective responsibility.
中式學校里的一切,旨在灌輸一種集體責任感
At the end of each day, pupils have to clean their own classroom.
每天放學后,學生需要打掃教室
It's so dirty inside.
里面很臟
Anyone who can help, we need help.
有誰能過來幫忙,我們需要幫助
In China, we teach our students about their duties.
在中國,我們教會學生義務
It's the students' duty to clean up the classroom.
打掃教室是學生的義務
For majority of students, they will think it's a honour to help the teachers.
大部分學生會認為幫助老師是一種榮譽
But here, the teenagers, do they realise their duty?
但是,這里的青少年,他們意識得到自己的義務嗎
Do they have any idea about their duty?
他們對自己的義務有沒有過思考
Stop! I'm absolutely soaked, Ciara.
停下,我渾身濕透了,席亞拉
When you've got a society, they will tell you all kinds of duties you need to do.
當你進入社會,他們會給你各式各樣的義務
You know, you pay your tax, you need to do this, you need to do that.
就像,你要納稅,你需要做這個,做那個
So, if before, you didn't prepare the children about these things,
所以,如果在之前你不讓孩子做好準備
how can they cope with this difference?
他們將如何處理這種落差

Mr Zou still needs to deal with the scandal of Josh and his kettle.
鄒老師還要去處理有關喬什和他燒水壺的事
He's decided to use the ultimate sanction - to call in Josh's mum.
他決定采用終極手段,打電話給喬什的媽媽
So, is this the block?
那么,是這棟嗎
In China, a teacher calling a parent into school would bring great shame to the family.
在中國,老師把家長叫來學校,對家庭來說是很難堪的事
So, you know this, right?
所以,你知道是嗎
I do know that it exists. Do you know the story?
我知道有這事,你知道為什么嗎
Josh told you? Yes, tea person.
喬什告訴你的?是啊,喜歡喝茶嘛
Tea person, but also he said, I think it's a human right,
泡茶,但他也說過,認為這是一種權利
because 12 hours without a hot drink...
因為在學校12個小時沒有熱飲
And I said, well, if you take the kettle in,
所以我和他說,你可以帶個燒水壺
I explained it might be a health and safety issue, so there you go.
我也告訴他,也許會有健康和安全問題,所以才會發生這事
That's the nature of the beast. So, the kettle is coming home.
這很自然,所以我不會讓他再帶了
OK, yeah, yeah, yeah.
好的,你說得沒錯
But thank you for your teaching, anyway.
還是感謝您的教導
No, no problem.
不,沒關系
So, OK? Yeah.
所以,好了嗎?是的
All right. Take care. Enjoy the next two weeks.
好了,您保重,祝您后兩周過得愉快
OK. Thank you very much. Thank you. All right. Take care.
好,非常感謝。謝謝,好的,保重
Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you.
很高興認識你。很高興認識你
It's an experiment, but I'm kind of glad it's finishing in two weeks' time.
這是一項實驗,不過我很高興只剩兩周就結束了
I felt like he would be entering a kind of Draconian environment
我覺得他會進入一個很嚴酷的環境中
and we had a damn good laugh about it prior, because I said,
我先前對此還狠狠地取笑了他,因為我說
oh, you'll be, you know, nose to the grind here
哦,你會,你懂得,日子會有點難過
and there's me thinking, well, it'll do him some good, you know?
當然這是我的想法,不過這對他有好處
Put a bit more pressure on.
給他點壓力
And what I've seen is him kick like a mule at a system that he feels unsure about.
我覺得他在不熟悉的環境下他有些不知所措
And I think what he's saying is, "I'm an individual,
我覺得他的意思是 "我只是一個人"
"I'm sitting in the back of your class"
"我一直坐在班級的最后一排"
and maybe this is his way of sticking his hand up and waving,
也許這是他來吸引老師注意力的方法
because he doesn't feel he can ask.
因為他不覺得他可以提問
And although this is supposed to be Chinese methods,
盡管我們是在嘗試中式教育
they're still Chinese methods in a British classroom.
但我們仍是在英國的課堂
And you can't escape that fact.
這也是事實
And I think the children are loudly and clearly saying,
我覺得孩子是想說
"We're British and we're doing it our way."
"我是英國人,我們有我們的方式"