The kids' behaviour today has hit Miss Yang hard.
孩子們的舉動重重地打擊了楊老師
We cannot afford to fail.
我們不能接受失敗
This does mean a lot.
這一切的意義重大
And I am standing here, representing Chinese way of teaching.
我站在這里,代表著中式教育
I've got to deliver.
我必須要傳遞理念
I've got to present the Chinese teaching the best I can.
我必須用最好的面目來展現出中式教育
My dad always told me when he was still very healthy...
我爸爸還很健在的時候總是跟我說
He said to me, what I have left to my three daughters are knowledge, qualifications, good ability to survive in a tough society.
他對我說,他能留給三個女兒的,是知識,品德,在一個惡劣的社會環境下良好的生存能力
And I cannot forget that.
我不能忘記他說的
I can never forget about that.
我永遠都不能忘記
I want to pass this to my students...
我想給學生傳遞這些理念
Because I think my dad is the best teacher in my life.
因為我覺得我爸爸是我人生中最好的老師
And I want to teach my students what I have been taught.
而我想教給學生們我所學到的
It's over halfway through the four week experiment and tonight is parents' evening.
四周的實驗已經過了兩周,而今晚是家長會
Ladies and gentlemen, can we mop a little bit?
女士們先生們,能不能稍微拖下地
We only have ten minutes. Please be quick.
我們只有十分鐘了,請快一些
With the Chinese school facing failure, this could be the last chance to turn things around.
在中式學校正面臨失敗的時候,家長會也許能改變事態
The hope is that the parents can make their kids behave.
理想情況是家長們能讓他們的孩子端正行為
Parents in Britain, they maybe not as determined as the Chinese in getting their kids to do very well at school.
英國家長,他們可能并沒有像中國家長一樣強烈地希望自己的孩子能學得很好
But they may cooperate with us.
但他們也許會與我們合作
In a typical Chinese parents' evening, the parents sit in rows and the teachers address them from the front of the class.
在一場普遍的中式家長會中,家長們坐在一起,老師在課堂前作說明
Their speeches could be their only hope of saving their school.
他們的演講也許是拯救中式學校的唯一希望