Despite their reputation for discipline,
就算中國在紀律方面有著良好的聲望
Chinese teachers like Li Ayun are not used to raising their voices in class.
像李愛云這樣的中國教師并不打算在課堂上提高嗓門
When you talk, I will wait.
我等你們說完我再講課
I feel very surprised.
我覺得很驚訝
Why was this morning so quiet when Mr Vaughn was here?
為什么今早沃恩老師在時你們那么安靜
Because we're scared of him, frankly.
坦白說,我們怕他
Honestly, I'm not exactly scared of you.
但是實話說,我并不怕你
I don't think you need respect if you go on like this.
如果你們再這樣下去,我覺得你們不需要尊重了
Class begins. Stand up.
上課,起立
Stand up. Oy, shush!
站起來,閉嘴
Keeping control is even more difficult when the subject you're teaching is English grammar.
當你在教英語語法的時候,管理紀律就變得更加艱難
Sit down, please.
請坐
But despite their problems managing the class,
盡管在管理班級方面困難重重
the Chinese teachers are doggedly sticking to their guns.
中國老師們還是固執地堅持他們的原則
The formation of the passive voice of the verb is?
動詞過去式的形式是什么
Verb of be and PP.
be動詞和PP
Who can tell me what PP means?
誰能告訴我PP什么意思
What do you mean by PP? It's a PP!
你說什么PP?是一個屁屁吧
You said "Pee-pee"!
你說的是"尿尿"
Grammar is very important in learning a language.
學一門語言,語法是很重要的
It is especially important to the foreigners,
對外國人來說尤其重要
but it is still important to the native speakers.
但對母語者來說,也很重要
What is present continuous?
什么是現在進行時
What you're doing now, at the moment.
你現在在干什么,就現在
For example, Miss Li is talking about grammar.
比如說,李老師在講語法
We are listening to her.
我們在聽她講
So far, they don't have a lot of knowledge on grammar, which made me surprised.
目前來說,他們沒學太多語法知識,這讓我非常吃驚
In China, we learn more grammar than British people
在中國,我們學的語法比英國人還多
and our students do better in the international tests in grammar.
而我們的學生在國際語法測試中也做得更好
So, at the moment, we are all absolutely fantastic at analysing language.
所以現在,我們都能游刃有余地分析語言了
You're very good at starting to evaluate it.
你們在分析上開了個好頭
But what I'm not getting is a clear point of view within your answers.
但我在你們的答案里找不到任何鮮明的觀點
I'm not really getting a voice or an opinion behind your answers.
我在你們的答案里找不到你的個人觀點
In Britain, drilling the rules of grammar was phased out of most secondary schools in the 1960s,
在英國,探究語法規則早在上世紀90年代就被大多數中學淘汰了
to make way for a more creative approach.
來給更多有創造力的教學方法讓路
I want you now to come up with a list of what you think writing to argue does involve.
我現在需要你們想出一串跟does有關的動作
Jot that down in your books and in three minutes, we will take some feedback.
三分鐘之內,寫在你們的書上,我們會收上來大家寫的結果
'I give the students more responsibility for their own learning,'
我會讓學生在自主學習中對自己更負責任
so I like to have a little bit of my own input at the start of the lesson,
我喜歡在課堂開始時給出自己的一點觀點
but then I like to set tasks up and let the students go with it.
但接下來我就會給任務,讓學生自己去完成
'So, there's quite a lot of enquiry-based learning in my lessons.
所以在我的課堂上就有很多探究式的學習
'It's giving the students the tools to learn with,
我給學生學習的工具
'but then making them do a bit of learning on their own, before I sort of give them the answers.'
然后在我給他們答案之前,讓他們靠自己來學習
So yeah, I think a bit more active.
所以,是的,我覺得這樣會更活躍