So you should be incredibly proud
所以你們應該異常自豪
And I hope that you never lose sight of what brought you to this day
而且我希望永遠不要忘記 是什么成就了這一天的你
those values that you came here with
也就是你們來到這里時所擁有的價值觀
and those skills and talents you developed while you were here
還有你們在這里培養出的技巧和才能
Because when you pair those two things together, you will
因為這兩點加在一起
be prepared for whatever comes next, whatever comes next
將會讓你有能力應對接下來的任何挑戰
And that brings me to an important question
這就引出了一個很重要的問題
What does come next?
接下來會有什么挑戰
As I thought about the journey you all are about to embark upon
在我思考你們即將開啟的旅程時
it reminded me of a conversation I had with my daughter Malia she's my oldest
我想到了我同我大女兒瑪麗亞的談話
and this conversation we had when she was 10 years old
這是發生在她十歲時的談話
We were talking about college and our future
我們在討論大學 以及我們的未來
And I told her
我告訴她
I always tell my kids
我總跟我的孩子們說
I said, once you graduate from college, you cannot come back home
大學畢業后 你就不能回家了
Cannot
不能
Now, of course, I was joking
當然 我是開玩笑
but I still don't want her to know that
但我現在仍然不希望她知道這是玩笑
But her response she took it in was one I will never forget
她當時真信了這句話 而她的回話我總記得
She said, well, mom, where do you go after college?
她說 媽媽 你大學畢業后去了哪
She said, I mean literally, the day after you graduate?
她說 我是說正好畢業后的那一天
She said, because you're not in school, and you can't come home
你既要離開學校 又不能回家
So where do you go?
那去了哪里呢
Now I hope that all of you have an answer for that question today
我希望你們每個人 今天都對這個問題有了答案
And hopefully nobody's sleeping out in the ravine
但愿沒有人會睡在深谷中
But I think there was also something profound about her question
不過我覺得 她的問題中蘊含了某種更深刻的意義
Where are you gonna go?
你要去哪里