And so today, in the spirit of my daughter's question
今天 本著我女兒這一問題的精神
I want to pose a few questions of my own as you begin the next chapter of your lives
對于你們人生的下一篇章 我還想問一些問題
And my first question is, who are you gonna be?
我的第一個問題是 你將成為誰
And if you'll notice, I'm not asking what are you gonna do
注意了 我這里沒有問 你將要做什么
but who are you gonna be?
而是你要成為誰
I'm asking you about how you plan to live your life every day
我問的是 你計劃今后每天要如何過生活
How are you gonna respond when you don't get that job you had your heart set on?
當你沒有得到心儀工作時 你的反應會是怎樣的
For all of you are gonna be teachers, what are you gonna do
對于想成為老師的那些人 如果你課上的學生
if the students in your class next year just don't respond to your lessons?
第二年不再對你的課作出響應 你會怎么辦
For all of you going into business
對于那些要經商的人
how will you react when your boss gives you a goal that feels way too high?
如果老板為你定的目標實在太高 你會如何反應
See these are the moments that define us
這些就是定義我們的時時刻刻
Not the day you get the promotion
它不是你獲得晉升的那一天
not the day you win teacher of the year
不是你獲得年度教師稱號的那一天
but the times that force you to claw and scratch
而是迫使你摸爬滾打的那些時光
and fight just to get through the day
以及努力奮斗 試圖度過難關的那些日子
the moments when you get knocked down
當你被擊倒的時候
and you're wondering whether it's even worth it to get back up
當你甚至懷疑是否值得重新站起來的時候
See, those are the times when you've got to ask yourself who am I gonna be?
這些就是你要問自己"我要成為誰"這一問題的時候