I happened to be living in Springfield at the time,and the best part of it was-is that you would close the women's door in the bathroom,
當時我剛好住在斯普林菲爾德(Springfield,和波士頓一個州),最精彩的部分是—如果你到女廁所,關上門
and I remember seeing Go Sox, and I thought, really?
我記得看到門上寫著加油,紅襪隊,我當時想,不是吧?
Or the houses, you'd come out, because every game,
另外大家都會從屋子里跑出來,因為每一場比賽,
well, I think almost every game, went into overtime, right?
嗯,我記得幾乎每一場比賽都會進入加時賽,對嗎?
So we'd be outside, and all the other lights are on,on the whole block, and kids, like, the attendance was down in school, and kids weren't going to school.
所以我們會到戶外,周圍所有的燈都亮著,整個街區都亮著,而孩子們逃課變得比較普遍,他們都不怎么去上學了。
But it's okay, it's the Red Sox, right?
但這沒什么,因為是紅襪隊,對吧?
I mean, there's education, and then there's the Red Sox,
我的意思是,一方面是上學,然后一方面是紅襪隊,
and we know where they're stacked.
我們知道它們孰輕孰重。
So this was an amazing experience, and again, yes,
所以這是一種絕妙的體驗,而且再一次—是的,
it was a game, but they didn't write newspaper articles,
這是一場游戲,但他們沒在報紙上寫文章,
people didn't say-you know, really, I can die now because the Red Sox won. And many people did.
因為人們不會說—你知道,真的,我現在感覺快死了,因為紅襪隊贏了比賽。 其實很多人那樣說了。
So games, it means something more to us.
所以游戲對我們而言有更多的意義。
It absolutely means something more.
它絕對擁有更多的意義。
So now, just, this is an abrupt transition here.
現在切換一下話題。
There was three years where I actually did have a real job, sort of.
有三年時間,我有了真正的工作(在某種程度上算)。
I was the head of a college department teaching games, so, again, it was sort of a real job,
我擔任了一個學院部門的主管負責教游戲,算是某種意義上的真正的工作,
and now I just got to talk about making as opposed to making them.
而現在我只是談一談做游戲而不是真正的去做出來。
And I was at a dinner. Part of the job of it, when you're a chair of a department, is to eat, and I did that very well,
有一次我參加了一個宴會。當你是一個部門頭頭的時候,你的工作之一就是吃,這項工作我完成的很好。
and so I'm out at a dinner with this guy called Zig Jackson.
某次宴會上我認識了這這個人,叫齊格·杰克遜。
So this is Zig in this photograph. This is also one of Zig's photographs. He's a photographer.
這張照片里的人就是齊格,他自己的攝影作品。他是一名攝影師。
And he goes all around the country taking pictures of himself, and you can see here he's got Zig's Indian Reservation. And this particular shot, this is one of the more traditional shots. This is a rain dancer.
他在全國各地跑來跑去,為自己拍照,在這張照片里你可以看到他的印第安人保留地系列照片。再來看這一張,這是較傳統的照片之一。這是一位祈雨舞者。
And this is one of my favorite shots here.
這也是我最喜愛的照片之一。
So you can look at this, and maybe you've even seen things like this. This is an expression of culture, right?
接下來我們來看這張照片,也許你曾經看到過類似的東西。這是一種文化的表達,對嗎?
And this is actually from his Degradation series.
這張照片實際上是他的退化系列中的一張。
And what was most fascinating to me about this series is just, look at that little boy there.
這個系列最吸引我的是,看看那里那個小男孩。