When we think of games, there's all kinds of things.
當我們提起游戲時,腦海中會浮現很多回憶。
Maybe you're ticked off, or maybe you're looking forward to a new game. You've been up too late playing a game.
或許你被某個游戲折磨得夠嗆,或許你正在期待著一款新游戲,或許你為了玩游戲而熬夜。
All these things happen to me.
所有這些都發生在我身上。
But when we think about games, a lot of times we think about stuff like this: first-person shooters, or the big,
但是大部分時候,當我們想到“游戲”通常想到的是: 第一人稱射擊游戲,或者大型的,
what we would call AAA games,
我們稱之為3A級的游戲,
or maybe you're a Facebook game player.
或者,你喜歡玩Facebook里的小游戲。
This is one my partner and I worked on.
這是我跟搭檔一起設計的一款游戲。
Maybe you play Facebook games, and that's what we're making right now. This is a lighter form of game.
如果你玩Facebook游戲,這就是我們現在正在設計的游戲。這是一種小型的游戲。
Maybe you think about the tragically boring board games that hold us hostage in Thanksgiving situations.
或許你想到的是那些極為無聊的棋盤游戲,那些我們在感恩節時不得不玩的游戲。
This would be one of those tragically boring board games that you can figure out.
這個游戲就是那些你能想到的非常無聊的棋盤游戲之一。
Or maybe you're in your living room, you know,
又或許你在客廳里,
playing with the Wii with the kids, or something like that,
與孩子們一起玩Wii或者類似的游戲。
and, you know, there's this whole range of games,
另外,還有各種各樣的游戲,
and that's very much what I think about.
這差不多就是我所能想到的游戲種類。
I make my living from games. I've been lucky enough to do this since I was 15, which also qualifies as I've never really had a real job.
我以設計游戲為生。我很幸運 能夠15歲就從事這行,另一方面這也意味著我從沒有過一份真正的工作。
But we think about games as fun, and that's completely
人們認為游戲是有趣的,這是完全合理的,
reasonable, but let's just think about this.
但讓我們從另一個角度來想一想。
So this one here, this is the 1980 Olympics.
請看這張照片,這是1980年的奧運會(美蘇曲棍球比賽)。
Now I don't know where you guys were, but I was in my living room. It was practically a religious event.
我不清楚你們當時在什么地方,當時我在我家的客廳里。這場比賽實際上是一次意識形態的對抗。
And this is when the Americans beat the Russians,
照片上就是美國隊擊敗蘇聯隊的瞬間,
and this was -- yes, it was technically a game.
這是——是的,從技術上講仍是一種游戲。
Hockey is a game. But really, was this a game?
曲棍球是一種游戲。但說真的,這場比賽算是“游戲”嗎?
I mean, people cried. I've never seen my mother cry like that at the end of Monopoly.
我的意思是,有人因此哭泣。我從沒見過我母親在玩完《大富翁》之后會哭成那樣。
And so this was just an amazing experience.
所以這只是一次“絕妙的體驗”。
Or, you know, if anybody here is from Boston.
或者,如果這里有誰是從波士頓來的。
So when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series after,
當波士頓紅襪隊再次贏得世界冠軍,
I believe, 351 years,
我想,距上次奪冠應該有351年了,
when they won the World Series, it was amazing.
當他們贏得了世界冠軍,這真令人驚嘆。
