Trigonometry means...sine, cosine and tangent.
三角函數就是正弦,余弦,正切
Have you heard this before?
你們之前聽過嗎
In the maths classes, Mr. Zou is also running into trouble.
數學課上,鄒老師也遇到了麻煩
That is one over square root of three.
就是一比根號三
He's teaching at the Chinese pace.
他在用中式節奏來授課
The British students can't keep up and they're quickly losing interest.
英國學生跟不上,于是他們馬上失去了興趣
Connor, stand up.
康納,起立
Now you have a chance...
現在你有機會
Everyone, quiet!
大家安靜
If you can have answer the question, OK, no problem.
如果你知道問題的答案,那好,沒問題
Connor, answer the question.
康納,回答這個問題
Can you answer? No?
你能回答嗎,回答不出來嗎
Ok.
好吧
Go, sit down.
坐下
We will talk.
我們等會兒再說
I didn't expect the level of students like this.
我沒想到學生的水平是這樣的
They don't take maths as serious as the students in China.
他們對數學沒有中國學生那么重視
Well, let's do sin 30 degree...
大家來算正弦三十度
By the time they're 15,
到他們十五歲時
some Chinese students are doing 11 hours of maths a week
一些中國學生每周要做十一小時的數學練習
and are up to three years ahead of their British counterparts.
相當于多出了同齡英國學生三年時間
Opposite side, divided by hypotenuse.
對邊除以斜邊
OK, I still don't get it.
我還是不懂
I find students here are not used to memorising formulas.
我發現這里的學生不習慣去記公式
Their level?
他們的水平
Erm, quite behind the Chinese students.
落后中國學生很多
That makes your teaching slow.
這會讓你的教學節奏變慢
What's trigonometry for?
三角函數有什么用
Like, why do we need to know these things? Triangles...stuff.
我們為什么要學這些?三角形之類的
Why not? I don't think we'd need it in life,
為什么不學?我們生活中又用不到
I think they should be telling us how to pay our taxes and get jobs and stuff.
他們應該教我們怎么繳稅或者找工作之類的
Get drunk. And live.
醉生夢死
X is the size of AB.
X是AB段的長度
I get what you do, but not why.
我明白你在干什么,但不明白為什么