March 31
3月31日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Susie will put on a magic show.
蘇希將會舉行一場魔術表演。
But she is a little out of practice, so she is doing simple tricks.
可是她有點疏于練習,所以只表演簡單的戲法。
She won't pull a rabbit from a hat, but she can make a coin appear behind Abby's ear.
她不會從帽子里抓出兔子,但她可以從雅碧的耳朵后面變出一枚硬幣,
How did she do it?
她是怎么變的?
That's a magician's secret.
這是魔術師的秘密。
She does a trick with money, too.
她又用錢變了一個魔術。
She folds up a $10 bill and makes it disappear.
她把一張十美元的鈔票折起來,然后就變不見了。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Abby. Do you want to see a magic trick?
嗨,雅碧,妳想看個魔術戲法嗎?
Sure. I didn't know you did magic tricks.
好啊,我不知道妳會變魔術。
I used to do them a lot.
我以前常變魔術,
But I'm a little out of practice.
可是現在有點生疏了。
OK, show me a trick.
好,變個魔術給我看。
Wait. I think I see something behind your ear.
等一下。我好像看到妳耳朵后面有個東西。
Hey! That was pretty cool.
嘿!好酷喔。
How did you do that?
妳是怎么變的?
I can't tell you.
我不能告訴妳,
It's a magician's secret.
這是魔術師的秘密。
Conversation B
會話B
I hear you're putting on a magic show.
我聽說妳要舉行一場魔術表演。
Yes. I'm going to do a few tricks for Jim's son's birthday party.
是啊。我要為吉姆兒子的生日派對表演一些魔術。
Will you pull a rabbit out of a hat?
妳會從帽子里抓出兔子嗎?
No. I don't have a rabbit.
不會,我沒有兔子。
So what kind of tricks will you do?
那妳會變什么魔術?
I'll make things appear and disappear.
我會把東西變出來以及變不見。
I'll show you.
我表演給你看。
Hey! That was great.
嘿!太棒了。
Can you do any card tricks?
妳會變紙牌魔術嗎?
Sure. I'll show you one.
當然會,我表演給你看。
Conversation C
會話C
Hi, Alex. Do you want to see a magic trick?
嗨,亞力克斯,你想看個魔術戲法嗎?
Sure. Susie: Give me a $10 bill.
好啊。蘇希:給我一張十美元的鈔票。
OK, here you go.
來,給妳。
I'll fold it up ... put it in my hand.
我把鈔票折起來…放進手心里。
Hey! My money is gone!
嘿!我的錢不見了!
You made it disappear.
妳把鈔票變不見了。
I did. Do you want me to make it appear?
沒錯。你要我把它變出來嗎?
Please. And can you make something else disappear?
求求妳。妳可以把別的東西變不見嗎?
Sure. What?
可以呀,什么東西?
Make all my work disappear!
把我所有的工作都變不見!