Lesson 14 Entertainment
第十四課 娛樂
March 30
3月30日
Now You See It, Now You Don't
變魔術
Read it!
讀讀看!
Jim needs a magician for his son's birthday party.
吉姆需要為他兒子的生日派對找個魔術師。
Rob tells Jim to learn a few simple magic tricks.
羅柏叫吉姆學幾個簡單的魔術戲法。
Maybe Jim can make a coin disappear?
說不定吉姆可以把硬幣變不見?
No, the party will be very soon.
不行,派對很快就要舉行了。
Besides, he can't practice enough.
此外,他也沒有足夠的時間練習。
But actually, Susie knows a magician.
不過,蘇希其實認識一位魔術師。
Jim is so happy.
吉姆好開心,
Susie saved his life.
蘇希救了他一命。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Taylor. Do you know any magicians?
嗨,泰樂,妳認識什么魔術師嗎?
No, I don't, Jim.
不認識耶,吉姆,
Why do you want a magician?
你為什么要魔術師?
My son's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks.
再過幾個禮拜就是我兒子的生日了,
I want a magician to do tricks at his party.
我想要請個魔術師在他的生日派對上表演魔術。
Fun! Kids love magic.
真好玩!孩子最喜歡變把戲了。
Yeah. They do.
是啊,
So I need to find a magician.
所以我需要找個魔術師。
But where can I find a magician?
可是我可以到哪里去找魔術師呢?
Look online.
上網找找看吧,
That's the best way to find one.
這是最好的方法。
Conversation B
會話B
Are you still looking for a magician, Jim?
吉姆,你還在找魔術師嗎?
Yes. I looked online, and I couldn't find any.
是啊,我上網找了,可是都找不到。
There aren't many magicians around.
這附近沒什么魔術師。
Why don't you do a few magic tricks?
你怎么不自己表演幾個魔術戲法?
Me?
我?
Sure! You could learn a few simple tricks.
是啊!你可以學幾個簡單的戲法,
You could make a coin disappear.
你可以把硬幣變不見。
I doubt it. Besides, I don't have enough time.
我恐怕做不來。而且,我練習的時間也會不夠。
The party is a week from Saturday.
從星期六算起,派對再過一個禮拜就要舉行了。
Conversation C
會話C
Hi, Susie. Do you know any magicians?
嗨,蘇希,妳認識魔術師嗎?
Actually, I do.
事實上,我有耶。
You do? Great! Who?
真的嗎?太好了!是什么人?
Me. I can do some magic tricks.
就是我自己,我會變一些魔術。
Years ago, I did magic for kids' parties.
幾年前,我曾經為一些兒童派對表演魔術。
Susie! You can save my life.
蘇希!妳真是救了我一命。
I can?
真的嗎?
Yes! Please come and do some magic tricks at my son's birthday party.
沒錯!請妳到我兒子的生日派對上表演一些魔術,
It's a week from Saturday.
就在下星期六。
OK. I can do that.
好,沒問題。