Lesson 12 Home
第十二課 居家
March 25
3月25日
Be Safe!
注意安全!
Read it!
讀讀看!
Stacy Safety works for a security company.
史黛希.安全小姐服務于一家保全公司,
She protects people, places and things.
負責保護人、地、物。
She gives people safety tips, too.
她也為別人提供安全建議。
Buy strong locks for your home.
為你的家購置堅固的鎖,
A thief can break into a house with weak locks.
門鎖如果不堅固,竊賊就可能闖進屋里。
Buy a timer for your lights.
購置定時器裝在你的電燈上,
Thieves watch lights in a house.
竊賊會觀察屋子里的燈光,
Lights mean people are home.
有燈光表示有人在家。
Conversation A
會話A
Welcome to the show, Stacy Safety!
史黛希.安全小姐,歡迎來到節目上!
Thank you, Rob.
羅柏,謝謝你的邀請。
You know a lot about safety.
妳對安全懂得很多。
Can you tell us about your job?
妳可以跟我們談談妳的工作嗎?
Sure. I work for a security company. I protect people.
當然可以。我服務于一家保全公司, 負責保護人。
Sometimes I protect places and things, too.
有時候,我也負責保護場所與物品。
How do you do that?
妳怎么做這些工作?
I teach people important information.
我教導別人重要的信息。
Conversation B
會話B
What kind of information?
什么樣的信息?
I give people home safety tips.
我為客戶提供居家安全的建議。
Can you share some tips with us?
妳可以和我們分享一些建議嗎?
Of course! Good locks are important.
當然可以!好的鎖很重要,
Buy strong locks for your doors and windows.
要為你的門窗購買堅固的鎖。
So don't buy cheap or weak locks.
也就是說,不要買便宜或者不堅固的鎖。
Right. People can break into a house with weak locks.
沒錯。鎖如果不堅固,就可能會被人闖進屋里。
Conversation C
會話C
What else can we do?
我們還有其他什么事情可以做?
Buy a timer for your lights.
買個定時器裝在你的電燈上。
A timer? Why?
定時器?為什么?
A timer turns your lights on and off.
定時器可以為你定時開關電燈。
Why is that important?
這點為什么重要?
Thieves see the lights. Lights mean people are in the house.
竊賊會觀察燈光, 有燈光表示有人在家。
Oh, I see. Then they won't break into your house.
原來如此, 這樣他們就不會闖進你家。
Right.
沒錯。