Robert had taken time to dress. He wore a black velvet doublet with the crowned stag of Baratheon worked upon the breast in golden thread, and a golden mantle with a cloak of black and gold squares.
勞勃還花了點心思打扮。他穿著黑天鵝絨上衣,胸前用金線繡著拜拉席恩家族的寶冠雄鹿,外罩黑金格子披風。
A flagon of wine was in his hand, his face already flushed from drink.
他手里拿了瓶葡萄酒,喝得滿臉通紅。
Cersei Lannister entered behind him, a jeweled tiara in her hair.
瑟曦·蘭尼斯特跟在他身后,頭上帶著珠寶王冠。
Your Grace, Ned said. Your pardons. I cannot rise.
陛下,奈德道,請您原諒,恕我無法起身。
No matter, the king said gruffly. Some wine?
沒關系。國王粗聲道,要不要喝兩口?
From the Arbor. A good vintage.
青亭島的好東西。
A small cup, Ned said. My head is still heavy from the milk of the poppy.
一小杯就好,奈德說,我喝了罌粟花奶,頭還昏昏沉沉的。
A man in your place should count himself fortunate that his head is still on his shoulders, the queen declared.
還保得住腦袋,已經算你走運。王后表示。
Quiet, woman, Robert snapped.
臭女人,給我安靜點。國王斥道。
He brought Ned a cup of wine. Does the leg still pain you?
他端給奈德一杯酒。腳還痛嗎?
Some, Ned said. His head was swimming, but it would not do to admit to weakness in front of the queen.
還有一點。奈德說。他雖然頭暈目眩,卻不愿在王后面前自承虛弱。
Pycelle swears it will heal clean. Robert frowned. I take it you know what Catelyn has done?
派席爾保證痊愈以后不會留下疤痕,勞勃皺眉道,我想你知道凱特琳干了什么好事吧?
I do. Ned took a small swallow of wine. My lady wife is blameless, Your Grace.
我知道。奈德啜了一小口酒。我夫人沒有錯,陛下。
All she did she did at my command.
都是我的意思。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。