Lysa Arryn's watery blue eyes looked uncertain.
只有萊莎·艾林水汪汪的藍眼睛里充滿了疑惑,
He had caught her off balance.
顯然他再度讓她大感意外。
You have that right, to be sure.
你當然有這個權利。
The young knight with the green viper embroidered on his surcoat stepped forward and went to one knee.
外衣上繡了綠色毒蛇的那個年輕騎士,此時跨步向前,單膝跪下道:
My lady, I beg the boon of championing your cause.
夫人,求您恩準我為您而戰。
The honor should be mine, old Lord Hunter said.
這份榮幸應該歸我所有,老杭特伯爵說,
For the love I bore your lord husband, let me avenge his death.
看在我對您夫君敬愛有加的份上,讓我替他報仇罷。
My father served Lord Jon faithfully as High Steward of the Vale, Ser Albar Royce boomed.
我父親忠心耿耿地服侍瓊恩大人,為其擔任峽谷大總管之職。艾爾拔·羅伊斯朗聲道,
Let me serve his son in this.
請讓我為他的兒子而戰。
The gods favor the man with the just cause, said Ser Lyn Corbray, yet often that turns out to be the man with the surest sword.
凡是立場純正的人,諸神必定加以眷顧,林恩·科布瑞爵士說,這樣的人也是最好的劍客。
We all know who that is.
而我們都知道這個人是誰。
He smiled modestly.
他謙虛地笑笑。
A dozen other men all spoke at once, clamoring to be heard.
十來個人同聲發話,搶著想壓過別人。
Tyrion found it disheartening to realize so many strangers were eager to kill him.
見到這么多人迫不及待想取他性命,提利昂深感沮喪。
Perhaps this had not been such a clever plan after all.
或許到頭來,這主意并不如原先預期的那么聰明。
Lady Lysa raised a hand for silence.
萊莎夫人舉手示意眾人靜聲。
I thank you, my lords, as I know my son would thank you if he were among us.
諸位大人,我衷心地感謝你們,相信我兒若是在場,也同樣會深懷感激。
No men in the Seven Kingdoms are as bold and true as the knights of the Vale.
放眼七國全境,無人可比咱們峽谷騎士的忠誠勇武。
Would that I could grant you all this honor.
如果我能讓諸位都擁有這份榮耀,不知該有多好。
Yet I can choose only one. She gestured.
可惜我只能選出一個。她做出手勢。
Ser Vardis Egen, you were ever my lord husband's good right hand.
瓦狄斯·伊根爵士,您向來是我丈夫倚重的左右手。
You shall be our champion.
請您擔任我的代理騎士。
Ser Vardis had been singularly silent.
瓦狄斯爵士一直保持著沉默。
My lady, he said gravely, sinking to one knee, pray give this burden to another, I have no taste for it.
夫人,他屈膝跪下,口氣凝重地說,還請將此重擔交付他人,我實在無心出戰。
The man is no warrior.
此人并非武士,
Look at him. A dwarf, half my size and lame in the legs.
看看他,侏儒一個,只有我一半高,又瘸了腿,
It would be shameful to slaughter such a man and call it justice.
宰殺這種人,還叫主持正義,那太可恥了。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。