And then we can test it out, once we've done that, and see how it would move around.
我們完成這一項之后,就可以測試一下,讓它四處走動一下。
And so at this point the computer is procedurally animating this creature.
這時,電腦就會自動地控制這個生物的移動。
It's looking at whatever I've designed. It will actually bring it to life.
電腦聽命于我的設計,然后讓它動起來。
And I can see how it might dance.
瞧瞧,我讓它跳舞。
how it might show emotions, how it might fight.
讓它表達情感,讓它打斗。
So it's acting with its two mouths there.
讓讓它的兩個嘴巴動起來。
I can even have it pose for a photo. Snap a little photo of it.
我甚至能讓它擺姿勢拍照——拍個照。
So at any rate, then I bring this back into the game.
我把它放回游戲中來,
It's born, and I play the next generation of my creature through evolution.
它出生了。然后我開始玩我的生物進化后的下一代。
Now again, the empathy that the players have when they create the content is tremendous.
同樣的,玩家們創作生物時的強烈的共情感又來了。
Now, when players create content in this game,
當一個玩家在游戲中創作一個內容時,
it's automatically sent up to a server
它自動被傳送到服務器,
and then redistributed to all the other players transparently.
然后重新分配到所有其他玩家的系統中。
So in fact, as I'm interacting in this world with other creatures,
因此,其實在這個世界里同我互動的其他生物,
these creatures are transparently coming from other players as they play.
是直接由其他的玩家創造的。
So the process of playing the game is a process of building up this huge database of content.
所以玩游戲的過程就是在建立一個巨大的內容數據庫。
And pretty much everything you're going to see in this game,
幾乎所有你在游戲中看到的一切,
there's an editor for in the game that the player can create,
都有相應的編輯工具,
all the way up through civilization. This is my baby.
是的,貫穿整個文明。這是我的寶貝兒。
When I eat, I'll actually start growing. This is the next generation.
當我吃東西的時候,我就在長大。這是它的下一代。
But I'm going to skip way ahead here.
我要跳過這步了。
Now, normally what would happen is these creatures would work their way up, eventually become intelligent.
接著,一般來說,這些生物就會日臻完美,最后變得擁有智慧。
I'd start dealing with tribes, cities and civilizations of them over time.
隨著時間流逝,我開始處理部落、城市和不同的文明的問題。
I'm going to skip way ahead here to the space phase.
我要跳過這些步驟,直接跳到太空階段。
Eventually they would go out into space, and start colonizing and exploring the universe.
最終它們會進入太空,開始在宇宙中殖民和探索。
Now really, in some sense, I want the players to be building this world in their imagination,
我希望玩家能夠用他們的想象創造世界。
and then extracting it from them with the least amount of pain.
然后用最簡單的方式從中取其精華。
So that's kind of what these tools are about, are:
這就是這些工具的意義,這就是
how do we make the game play the player's imagination-amplifier?
我們如何用這個游戲,放飛玩家的想象,
And how do we make these tools, these editors,
我們如何讓這些工具,這些編輯工具
something that are just as fun as the game itself?
變得和游戲本身一樣好玩。
So this is the planet that we've been playing on up to this point in the game.
這就是我們在玩游戲時所在的星球。
So far the entire game has been played on the surface of this little world here.
目前這整個游戲就是在這個小世界的表面玩的。
Now, at this point we're actually dealing with a very little toy planet.
現在我們是在玩一個小小的星球玩具,
Almost, again, like the Montessori toy idea.
同樣幾乎就像是蒙特梭利玩具那樣。
You know, what happens if you give somebody a toy planet,
你知道,當你給人一個星球玩具,
and let them play with a lot of dynamics on it,
讓他們可以隨意擺弄時,
what could they discover? What might they learn on this?
他們會發現什么?他們會從中學到什么?
This world was actually extracted from the player's imagination.
這個世界事實上是來源于玩家的想象,
So, this is the planet that the player evolved on.
是玩家的生息之地,
Things like the buildings, and the vehicles,
所以所有的房屋建筑、交通工具、
the architecture, civilizations were all designed by the player up to this point.
所有文明目前為止都是由玩家來設計的。
So here's a little city with some of our guys kind of walking around in it.
所以這里是一個小城市,有幾個咱們的人行走其中。
And most games kind of put the player in the role of Luke Skywalker, this protagonist playing through this story.
在大多數的游戲中,玩家都是像盧克·天行者這樣的故事主角。
Really, this is more about putting the player in the role of George Lucas, you know?
然而這個游戲卻是讓玩家來扮演導演喬治·盧卡斯的角色。
I want them, after they've played this game,
我希望他們玩了這個游戲之后,
to have extracted an entire world that they're now interacting with.
能夠創作出一個完整的世界,與之互動。