Now as we pull away from this world -- we're going to keep pulling away from the star now.
現在,我們將視線從這個世界里移出來--我們從這個星球移出來了
One of the things that always frustrated me a little bit about astronomy
天文學中有一點曾讓兒時的我時常感到困擾:
when I was a kid is how it was always presented so two-dimensionally and so static.
為什么它總是二維的、靜態的呢?
As we pull away from the star here,
當我們從行星中移開視線,
we're actually going now out into interstellar space,
我們就進入了星際空間。
and we're getting a sense of the space around our home star.
我們對家園行星周邊的空間有了直觀感覺。
Now what I really wanted to do is to present this,
現在我真正想做的就是讓大家看看這個,
basically as wonderfully 3D as it is actually is.
這和它的實際存在一樣的立體。
And not only that, but also show the dynamics,
不僅如此,還有一些變化,
and a lot of the interesting objects that you might find, maybe like in the Hubble,
你還會發現許多有趣的物體,比如哈勃望遠鏡。
at pretty much realistic frequencies and scales.
這和實際的頻率和規模幾乎是一樣的。

So most people have no idea of the difference between like, an emission nebula and a planetary nebula.
大多數人都分不清發射星云和環狀星云之間的區別。
But these are the things that we can kind of put in this little galaxy here.
但是我們可以把這些放進這個小星系里。
So we're flying over here to what looks like a black hole.
我們可以飛到這里看看黑洞。
I want to basically have the entire zoo of Hubble objects
我想要將哈勃望遠鏡能看到的一切展示給人們,
that people can kind of interact with and play with, again, as toys.
讓他們可以與之互動,當做玩具來玩。
So here's a little black hole that we probably don't want to get too close to.
這是一個黑洞,我們可不想離它太近。
But we also have stars and things as well.
我們還有星星和其他的東西。
If we pull all the way back, we start seeing the entire galaxy here, kind of slowly in motion.
如果我們繼續將視線移遠,我們可以看見這一整個星系,緩緩移動。
And this is another thing where, typically when people present galaxies,
普遍來說,當人們展現星系的時候,
it's always been these very beautiful photos, but they're always static.
總是用美麗卻靜態的照片。
And when you actually bring it forward in time and start animating it,
當你讓它隨著時間動起來,
it's actually kind of amazing, what a galaxy would look like, fast forwarded.
加快它的運轉速度,它看起來就會十分驚艷。
This would be about one million years a second,
這大約是每秒一百萬年,
because you have about roughly one supernova every century or so.
因為大概每個世紀會出現一顆超新星。
And so you'd have this wonderful sparkling thing, with the disk slowly rotating,
這樣你就會看見如此美麗而閃耀的物體緩慢旋轉,
and this is roughly what it would look like.
這就是它大概的樣子。
And so really, part of this is about bringing the beauty of this, of the natural world,
這個游戲的目的之一就是用一種充滿想象的方式,
to somebody in a very imaginative way,
讓人們看見自然世界的美,
so that they can start calibrating their instinct across these vast scales of space and time.
讓他們開始大規模地跨越空間和時間,重構自己的直覺。
Chris was wondering what kind of gods that the players would become.
一個天主教徒有一天問我游戲的玩家會變成怎樣的上帝。
Because if you think about it, you're going to have 15-year-olds,
你想想,十五歲、二十歲的年輕人
20-year-olds, whatever, flying around this universe.
將會飛入這個宇宙。
And they might be a nurturing god.
他們會成為一個一個無微不至的上帝。
They might be boot-strapping life on planets, trying to terra-form and spread civilization.
也許會成為星球上自力更生的生命,努力地占領地盤,散布文明。
You might be a vengeful god and going out and conquesting,
你可能會成為一個復仇心切的上帝,四處侵略征服,
because you actually can do that, you can go in and attack other intelligent races.
你真的可以,你能闖進別的智慧的種族攻擊他們。
You might be a networking god, building alliances,
你可能會成為一個左右逢源的上帝,建立盟友,
which you can also do in the game, or just curious,
你也可以這么做?;蛘吣阒皇浅鲇诤闷妫?/div>
going around and wanting to explore as much as you possibly can.
盡你所能,四處游歷。
But basically, the reason why I make toys like this is because
我想要創作這個玩具的原因,
I think if there's one difference I could possibly make in the world,
是我覺得我可能可以、也想要,為這個世界帶來的變化
that I would choose to make, it's that I would like to somehow give people
就是,我想要讓人們能更好地
just a little bit better calibration on long-term thinking.
從長遠看問題。
Because I think most of the problems that our world is facing right now is the result of short-term thinking,
因為我覺得我們的世界現在所面臨的諸多問題大多歸咎于人們目光短淺。
and the fact that it is so hard for us to think 50, 100, or 1,000 years out.
讓我們去暢想五十年、一百年甚至一千年以后的變化實在太難。
And I think by giving kids toys like this and letting them replay dynamics,
而我認為給孩子們一個這樣的玩具,讓他們重現動態變化,
very long-term dynamics over the short term,
用很短的時間看長期的變化,
and getting some sense of what we're doing now, what it's going to be like in 100 years,
讓他們了解我們現在在做的事情,了解一百年后會發生的事情,
I think probably is the most effective thing I can be doing to help the world.
就是我現在能為幫助這個世界所做的最有效率的事。
And so that's why I think, personally, that toys can change the world.
這就是為什么,我自認為,玩具可以改變世界。
Thank you.
謝謝。
來源:可可英語 http://www.ccdyzl.cn/Article/201601/420397.shtml