日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED十佳演講話題 > 正文

TED十佳演講之游戲的力量:打游戲激起對學習的熱情(2)

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

When we look at the universities,

當我們環顧大學,
60 percent of baccalaureate degrees are going to women now, which is a significant shift.
目前女性占60%的本科學歷的人數,這是個巨大的轉變。
And in fact, university administrators are a little uncomfortable about the idea
實際上,大學的主管們對此感到有點不安,
that we may be getting close to 70 percent female population in universities.
要是在大學,女性占總人數的70%。
This makes university administrators very nervous,
這數據讓大學主管們非常緊張,
because girls don't want to go to schools that don't have boys.
因為女孩也不想去沒有男孩的學校上學。
And so we're starting to see the establishment of men centers and men studies
所以我們開始看到男性中心和男性研究的建立
to think about how do we engage men in their experiences in the university.
來思考怎樣讓男性在大學中活躍起來。
If you talk to faculty, they may say,
如果你跟教員談話,他們會說,
"Ugh. Yeah, well, they're playing video games,
“啊,是的,男孩愛打視頻游戲,
and they're gambling online all night long,
他們通宵網上賭博,
and they're playing World of Warcraft,
還愛玩魔獸世界。
and that's affecting their academic achievement."
這些都影響了他們學術成績?!?/div>
Guess what?
猜怎么了?
Video games are not the cause.
視頻游戲不是主要原因。
Video games are a symptom.
視頻游戲是一個征兆。

打游戲激起對學習的熱情

They were turned off a long time before they got here.

在男孩打游戲前,他們已經很長時間對學習都不感興趣了。
So let's talk about why they got turned off when they were between the ages of three and 13.
讓我們談談,當他們在3歲到13歲間,他們為什么對學習不感興趣呢?
There are three reasons that I believe
我認為有三個原因
that boys are out of sync with the culture of schools today.
讓男孩們與今天的學校教育脫節。
The first is zero tolerance.
第一個是零容忍。
A kindergarten teacher I know,
我認識的一名幼兒園教師,
her son donated all of his toys to her,
她兒子得上繳他所有的玩具,
and when he did, she had to go through and pull out all the little plastic guns.
然后,她得一一檢查,把所有的小塑料槍都拿走。
You can't have plastic knives and swords and axes
在幼兒園教室,
and all that kind of thing in a kindergarten classroom.
不能有塑料刀,劍和斧子以及類似的東西。
What is it that we're afraid that this young man is going to do with this gun?
年輕人要是有槍,我們要擔心的是什么?
I mean, really.
我是說,真的。
But here he stands as testament to the fact that you can't roughhouse on the playground today.
但這兒男孩得面對的事實是,今天他們不能在操場玩耍打鬧。
Now I'm not advocating for bullies.
我這不是鼓動要持強凌弱。
I'm not suggesting that we need to be allowing guns and knives into school.
我也不是推薦在學校容許男孩攜帶槍和小刀。
But when we say that an Eagle Scout in a high school classroom
但我想說高中班級中的老鷹童子軍
who has a locked parked car in the parking lot and a penknife in it
在停車場停放的車里要是有把刀,
has to be suspended from school,
就得被勒令休學,
I think we may have gone a little too far with zero tolerance.
我認為我們可能在零容忍度方面做得有點過火。
Another way that zero tolerance lives itself out is in the writing of boys.
另一種在生活中的零容忍度是有關男孩的寫作。
In a lot of classrooms today
今天在很多課堂,
you're not allowed to write about anything that's violent.
你不能寫有關暴力的任何東西。
You're not allowed to write about anything that has to do with video games -- these topics are banned.
你不能寫涉及視頻游戲的任何東西,這些話題是被禁止的。
Boy comes home from school, and he says, "I hate writing."
男孩從學校回來,他說,“我討厭寫作?!?/div>
"Why do you hate writing, son? What's wrong with writing?"
“兒子,你為什么討厭寫作?到底怎么了?”
"Now I have to write what she tells me to write."
“現在我得寫女教師吩咐我寫的素材。”
"Okay, what is she telling you to write?"
“哦,她讓你寫什么?”
"Poems. I have to write poems.
“詩歌。我得寫詩歌。
And little moments in my life.
一生中我很少寫這話題。
I don't want to write that stuff."
我不想寫詩歌?!?/div>
"All right. Well, what do you want to write? What do you want to write about?"
“好吧。那你想寫什么?有什么好寫的?”
"I want to write about video games. I want to write about leveling-up.
“我想寫有關視頻游戲。我想寫如何練級。
I want to write about this really interesting world.
我想寫這真正有意思的游戲世界。
I want to write about a tornado that comes into our house
我想寫龍卷風來到我家,
and blows all the windows out and ruins all the furniture and kills everybody."
把所有的窗戶吹跑,毀壞所有的家具,然后殺死了所有人?!?/div>
"All right. Okay."
“好的?!?/div>
You tell a teacher that,
你要告訴一位老師這個,
and they'll ask you, in all seriousness,
她們會非常嚴肅地會問你,
"Should we send this child to the psychologist?"
“我們是不是應該送這小孩到心理學家那?”
And the answer is no, he's just a boy.
答案是不應該,他只是個男孩。
He's just a little boy.
他只是個小男孩。
It's not okay to write these kinds of things in classrooms today.
現在在課堂上還不能寫這些東西。
So that's the first reason:
所以這是第一個原因:
zero tolerance policies and the way they're lived out.
零容忍政策和他們所處的環境不容許男孩文化的發生。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
achievement [ə'tʃi:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 成就,成績,完成,達到

 
establishment [is'tæbliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 確立,制定,設施,機構,權威

聯想記憶
population [.pɔpju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 人口 ,(全體)居民,人數

聯想記憶
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影響的

 
psychologist [sai'kɔlədʒist]

想一想再看

n. 心理學家

聯想記憶
symptom ['simptəm]

想一想再看

n. 癥狀,征兆

 
shift [ʃift]

想一想再看

n. 交換,變化,移動,接班者
v. 更替,移

 
suspended

想一想再看

adj. 懸浮的;暫停的,緩期的(宣判)

 
academic [.ækə'demik]

想一想再看

adj. 學術的,學院的,理論的
n.

 
eagle ['i:gl]

想一想再看

n. 鷹
vt. (高爾夫)鷹擊

 
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 阳巧玥| ryan reynolds| 电影继母劳拉| sexxx| 大师兄 电影| 来生缘吉他谱c调| 想你的时候问月亮男声沙哑版| 1和5阳性算不算很严重| 美女浴室写真| 都市频道在线直播观看| a friend in need中文翻译| 木偶人| 金柳真| 都市频道在线直播| 形象管理| 红灯区无删减| 无圣光_尤果网__秀人网_| 曹查理电影大全免费观看| 毕业论文3000字范文| 今年过年时间| 阿尔法电影| 太卷了正确答案| 女生被艹在线观看 | 电影《kiskisan》在线观看| 市之濑加那| 妈妈的脊背简谱| 高潮艺术| 《波多野结衣电影| 事业编面试题库及答案| 酱园弄 电影| 艳肉观世音性三级| p333的图片| 李莉莉| 李采潭韩国| pulp fiction| 叶蓓个人资料简介| 荒野求生21天美国原版免费播放| 张艺宣| 列兵大学生| 《牵牛花》阅读答案| www.douyin.com/pay|