Third reason that boys are out of sync with school today:
第三個原因是男孩與我們今日的學校相脫節:
kindergarten is the old second grade, folks.
幼兒園是一種過時的脫節教育。
We have a serious compression of the curriculum happening out there.
我們教學課程中有嚴重的壓縮問題。
When you're three, you better be able to write your name legibly,
當孩子三歲時,他們最好能清楚地寫下他們的名字,
or else we'll consider it a developmental delay.
要不我們會認為這是發育遲緩。
By the time you're in first grade,
到孩子小學一年級時,
you should be able to read paragraphs of text with maybe a picture,
他們應該能讀帶圖的,
maybe not, in a book of maybe 25 to 30 pages.
或者不帶圖的課文里的段落,這本書大概有25-30頁。

If you don't, we're probably going to be putting you into a Title 1 special reading program.
如果孩子做不到,老師很可能把這孩子送到編號一的特殊閱讀計劃班。
And if you ask Title 1 teachers, they'll tell you
如果問問這班的老師們,她們會告訴你:
they've got about four or five boys for every girl that's in their program, in the elementary grades.
在這個低年級的特殊閱讀計劃班里,每當有1個女孩就對等的有4到5個男孩。
The reason that this is a problem is because the message that boys are getting
這問題是因為男孩得到的教育
is "you need to do what the teacher asks you to do all the time."
是“在上學間,你就需要做老師吩咐你做的事?!?/div>
The teacher's salary depends on "No Child Left Behind" and "Race to the Top"
老師的工資取決于讓學生考試名列前茅,不讓一個孩子掉隊,
and accountability and testing and all of this.
并負有責任和大大小小測試,以及類似這樣的事。
So she has to figure out a way to get all these boys through this curriculum -- and girls.
所以她得想方設法地讓這些男孩和女孩通過這課程。
This compressed curriculum is bad for all active kids.
這壓縮課程對所有活躍調皮的孩子來說是糟糕的。
And what happens is,
接下來發生的是,
she says, "Please, sit down, be quiet, do what you're told, follow the rules, manage your time, focus, be a girl."
她說,“請坐下來,安靜點,聽我說的做,遵守規矩,抓緊時間,注意一下,要乖點像個女孩?!?/div>
That's what she tells them.
這就是女老師讓男孩做的事。
Indirectly, that's what she tells them.
間接地,她指示了男孩該做什么。
And so this is a very serious problem. Where is it coming from?
所以這是個很嚴重的問題。這是從哪開始的呢?
It's coming from us.
它是源于我們自己。
We want our babies to read when they are six months old.
我們想讓我們的寶貝在他們六個月大時就能讀。
Have you seen the ads?
你看過廣告嗎?
We want to live in Lake Wobegon where every child is above average,
我們想住在沃比岡湖,那里每一個孩子的智商都高于平均水平。
but what this does to our children is really not healthy.
但是這對我們的孩子來說是非常不健康的。
It's not developmentally appropriate, and it's particularly bad for boys.
這是種不良發育,特別對男孩來說有不好的影響。
So what do we do?
我們能做什么呢?
We need to meet them where they are.
我們要迎合男孩們的需求。
We need to put ourselves into boy culture.
我們要置身于男孩文化中。
We need to change the mindset of acceptance in boys in elementary schools.
我們要改變小學對男孩子一成不變地思維模式。
More specifically, we can do some very specific things.
更具體地,我們可以做些非常具體的事。
We can design better games.
我們可以設計更好玩的游戲。
來源:可可英語 http://www.ccdyzl.cn/Article/201601/421852.shtml