Now once we mate, we click on the egg.
我們一旦交配之后,就可以點這個蛋。
And this is where the game starts getting interesting,
這樣游戲就變得很有趣了,
because one of the things we really focused on here was giving the players very high-leverage tools,
因為我們的重點工作致意就是讓玩家利用事半功倍的工具,
so that for a very small amount of effort the player can make something very cool.
簡單而巧妙地做出很酷的事情。
And it involves a lot of intelligence on the tool side.
工具欄中包含了很多的智慧。
But basically, this is the editor
基本上,這就是編輯工具,
where we're going to design the next generation of our creature.
我們可以用它設計我們的生物的下一代。
So it has a little spine.
它有一個小脊柱,
I can move around here. I can extend.
它可以移動,可以延伸。
I can also inflate or deflate it with the mouse wheel, so you sculpt it like clay.
我也可以用這個鼠標操縱的轉盤來使它膨脹或者緊縮,這樣你就可以塑造它的形狀,
We have parts here that I can put on or pull off.
就像捏橡皮泥一樣。這兒我們有零件,你可以添加或者拆減。
The idea is that the player can basically design
我們的理念是,玩家可以用這個編輯工具設計
anything they can think of in this editor, and we'll basically bring it to life.
任何他們想設計的東西,然后讓它有了生命。
So, for instance, I might put some limbs on the character here.
比如,我可以在這個家伙身上裝一些肢體。
I'll inflate them kind of large.
我要把它們脹大。
And in this case I might decide I'm going to put --
這兒我打算——
I'll put mouths on the limbs.
我打算在它的肢體上加幾個嘴巴。
So pretty much players are encouraged to be very creative in the game.
所以這個游戲鼓勵玩家盡可能地發揮他們的創意。
Here, I'll give it one eye in the middle, maybe scale it up a bit. Point it down.
這里,我要在中間安一只眼睛,放大,視線向下一點。
And I'll also give it a few legs.
我還要給它裝幾條腿。
So in some sense we want this to feel like an amplifier for the player's imagination,
所以我們想要這個游戲,能夠放飛玩家的想象,
so that with a very small number of clicks a player can create something
這樣玩家只要輕點鼠標,就能創造
that they didn't really think was possible before.
他們以前想也不敢想的東西。
You know, this is almost like designing something like Maya that an eight-year-old can use.
你瞧,這就像是一款八歲的小孩都能使用的瑪雅設計軟件。
But really the goal here was, within about a minute,
我們真實的意圖是,讓玩家可以在一分鐘之內,
I wanted somebody to replicate what typically takes a pictorial artist several weeks to create.
制作出一個平面設計師一般需要幾周來創作的東西。
OK, now I'll put some hands on it.
好,現在我要為它加上幾只手。
OK, so here I've basically thrown together a little creature.
嗯,這樣我就拼裝好了一個小生物。
Let me give it a little weapon on the tail here, so it can fight.
我接著在它的尾巴上添一個小武器,這樣它就能戰斗了。
OK, so that's the complete model. Now we can actually go to the painting phase.
好啦,大功告成。然后我們就可以為它涂色了。
Now, at this phase, the program actually has some understanding of the topology of this creature.
在這個階段,程序實際上對這個生物的拓撲有自己的理解。
It kind of knows where the backbone is,
它知道哪里是后背,
where the spine, the limbs are.
哪里是脊柱,哪里是肢體。
It kind of knows how stripes should run, how it should be shaded.
它知道條紋應該如何分布,如何造型,
And so we're procedurally generating the texture map,
于是我們就順理成章地得到了這個紋理圖。
and this is something a texture artist would take many, many days to work on.
這樣的作品交給一個紋理藝術家來做可能需要很多天。