日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED十佳演講話題 > 正文

TED十佳演講之游戲的力量:用玩具創造世界

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

I've always wanted to be a cyborg.

我一直想成為一個半機械人。
One of my favorite shows as a kid was "The Six Million Dollar Man,"
我小時候最喜歡的電視劇之一是“無敵金剛”,它的造價是六百萬美元。
and this is a little bit closer to the 240 dollar man or so, but --
而這玩意兒的價值挺相近的,大約是240萬美元,但是——
At at any rate. I would normally feel very self-conscious and geeky wearing this around,
不管怎樣。而且我經常會感到拘謹,感覺有點兒怪異,穿著這個走來走去,
but a few days ago I saw one world-renowned statistician swallowing swords on stage here,
嗯,但是呢,今天前我看見一位舉世聞名的數據專家在這個舞臺上吞劍,
so I figure it's OK amongst this group.
于是我就覺得在這群人里面我還算正常。
But that's not what I want to talk about today.
但是這不是我今天要談論的話題。
I want to talk about toys, and the power that I see inherent in them.
我想要談玩具,以及我從玩具中發現的天然的威力。
When I was a kid, I attended Montessori school up to sixth grade in Atlanta, Georgia.
當我還是個小孩的時候,我在大名鼎鼎的蒙特梭利學校讀到了六年級。那是在佐治亞州亞特蘭大。
And at the time I didn't think much about it,
那時,我并沒有覺得有啥了不起。
but then later, I realized that that was the high point of my education.
但是后來,我發現那是我教育生涯中的制高點。
From that point on, everything else was pretty much downhill.
從那以后,一切都江河日下了。
And it wasn't until later, as I started making games, that --
等到后來,當我開始制作電腦游戲,那時我真的——
I really actually think of them more as toys.
我把它們當做是玩具。
People call me a game designer, but I really think of these things more as toys.
人們稱我為游戲設計師,但是我卻將(我設計的)那些東西當做玩具。
But I started getting very interested in Maria Montessori and her methods,
我開始對瑪利亞·蒙特梭利和她的教育方法
and the way she went about things,
以及她的處事方式感興趣。
and the way she thought it very valuable for kids to kind of discover things on their own
她很重視讓孩子們自己去發現,
rather than being taught these things overtly.
而不是直接明白地向他們灌輸這些知識。
And she would design these toys, where kids in playing with the toys
她會設計一些寓教于樂的玩具,
would actually come to understand these deep principles of life and nature through play.
使孩子們可以一邊玩一邊懂得一些有關人生和自然的深刻道理。
And since they discovered those things, it really stuck with them so much more,
因為這些道理是他們自己發現的,所以他們就會牢牢記住它們,
and also they would experience their own failures;
而且他們還會經歷失敗,
there was a failure-based aspect to learning there. It was very important.
這樣他們就會經歷挫折教育。這是很重要的。
And so, the games that I do, I think of really more as modern Montessori toys.
因此,我覺得我所創作的游戲就是蒙特梭利式的玩具的現代翻版。
And I really kind of want them to be presented in a way
并且我真心希望它們能夠幫助小孩們
to where kids can kind of explore and discover their own principles.
通過自己去探索和發現這個世界的道理。
So a few years ago, I actually started getting very interested in the SETI program.
于是,幾年前,我開始對地外文明探索工程產生了濃厚的興趣。
And that's the way I work.
這是我的一種工作方式,
I get interested in different kinds of subjects, I dive in,
我對各種領域都有興趣,我潛入其中,
I research them, and then I try to figure out how to craft a toy around that,
探索研究它,然后想辦法做出一種與之相關的游戲,
so that other people can kind of experience the same sense of discovery
這樣其他人就能體驗到和我在學習這個課題時
as I did as I was learning that subject.
所體驗過的發現的感覺。
And it kind of led me to astrobiology, which is the study of possible life in the universe.
于是我遇到了研究宇宙中可能存在的生命的天體生物學。
And then Drake's Equation, which is looking at the probability of life arising on planets,
然后是德瑞克方程式,大家知道,它關注的是行星上可能產生生命的概率,
how long it might last, how many planets are out there, stuff like that.
可以維持的時間,以及可能有多少行星,諸如此類
And I started looking at how interesting Drake's Equation was,
我開始關注這個極其有趣的方程,
because it spanned all these different subjects --
因為它涉及了各種不同的學科——
physics, chemistry, sociology, economics, astronomy.
物理、化學、社會學、經濟學、天文學。
And another thing that really impressed me a long time ago was "Powers of Ten," Charles and Ray Eames' film.
另一個很久以來讓我印象深刻的是查爾斯·伊默斯和蕾·伊默斯夫婦的影片《十的次方》
And I started putting those two together and wondering,
當我把這兩者合起來看時,我想到
could I build a toy where kids would kind of trip across all these interesting principles of life,
我能不能建造一個玩具,使得小孩們可以在生命所有的這些有趣的、
as it exists and as it might go in the future.
經久不變的規則中穿梭?
Things where you might trip across things like the Copernican Principle, the Fermi Paradox,
你可能會遇到哥白尼定律、費米佯謬
the Anthropic Principle, the origin of life.
人擇原理、生命起源。
And so I'm going to show you a toy today that I've been working on,
而我今天要向大家展示的是我正在創作中的一個玩具,
that I think of more than anything else as kind of a philosophy toy.
我覺得它絕對是一個哲學玩具。
In playing this toy, you kind of -- this will bring up philosophical questions in you.
當你玩著這個玩具的時候,你就會想到一些哲學的命題。
This game's called "Spore." I've been working on it for several years.
這個游戲的名字叫做“孢子”。我為這個游戲努力了好幾年了。
It's getting pretty close to finished now.
創作已經接近尾聲。
It occurs at all these different scales, first of all, from very, very small to very, very large.
它有不同的場景規模。從極其微小到非常宏大。
I'm just going to pop in at the start of the game.
我將要從最開端來進入這個游戲。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
inherent [in'hiərənt]

想一想再看

adj. 內在的,固有的

聯想記憶
principle ['prinsəpl]

想一想再看

n. 原則,原理,主義,信念

 
overtly ['əuvə:tly, əu'və:tly]

想一想再看

adv. 明顯地;公開地,公然地

 
designer [di'zainə]

想一想再看

n. 設計者

聯想記憶
impressed

想一想再看

adj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感動的

 
drake [dreik]

想一想再看

n. 公鴨;蜉蝣類(等于drake fly)

 
astronomy [əst'rɔnəmi]

想一想再看

n. 天文學

聯想記憶
probability [.prɔbə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 可能性,或然率,機率

聯想記憶
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為<

 
spore [spɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 孢子 vi. 產生孢子

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 爱情最美丽 电视剧| 梁修身| 张柏芝惊艳照片| 朱丽安·摩尔| 日本电影完整版| 学霸考砸了被父母打的视频| 池田夏希| 1—36集电视剧在线观看| 陷入纯情| 青春无季演员表| 一千零一夜凯瑟林| 小米汽车标志图片| 松雪泰子| 《我的美女老板》电视剧 | 勇士之门 电影| 快播电影网| 她和他和他和他| 陕西卫视节目表| 山西电视台今天电视节目表| 威尼斯的资料| 红海行动2在线观看| 新三国第95集完整版| 施耐得| 内衣视频| 欲孽迷宫电影| 欧美比基尼美女| 一个都不能少电影| 首映式| 画江湖之不良人电影| 萧明| 爱爱内含光电视剧结局在线观看| cctv体育频道5| 大石桥联盟| 变形金刚2演员表| 巴霍巴利王3电影免费观看| 麻豆视频免费在线观看| 失落之城电影| 镍多少钱一公斤| xxxxxxxx| 电影1921| 霹雳俏娇娃|