Remember, Jobs isn't selling hardware.
切記,喬布斯不是在推銷設備,
He's selling an experience.
他是在推銷一種體驗。
If you offer numbers and statistics make them meaningful.
如果你要引用數據,讓它們變得有意義。
We have sold four million iPhones to date.
迄今為止,我們一共售出了400萬部iPhone。
If you divide four million by two hundred days, that's 20,000 iPhones every day on average.
如果你用400萬除以200天,這意味著我們平均每天賣出了兩萬部iPhone手機。
Numbers don't mean much unless they're placed in context.
數字本身沒有意義,除非放入特殊的語境。
Managers, connect the dots for your listeners.
經理們,給聽眾們連起些例子吧。
Recently, I worked with a company that launched a 12 gigabyte memory card.
最近我在和一個公司合作,這個公司剛剛發布了新的12G內存卡。
12 gigabytes! That number doesn't mean much to most people, so we put it in the context.
12G啊!多數人不明白12G是什么概念。所以我把它放到語境中。
We said, "that's enough memory to listen to your music while travelling to the moon and back!
我們會說12G的存儲量足夠讓你聽著音樂在地球和月球之間兜上一圈。
Now 12 gigs means something to me.
現在12G對我來說就有了意義。
Make numbers meaningful!
讓這些數字變得有意義。
One of the most effective elements of a Steve Jobs presentation is that they are easy on the eyes.
史蒂文·喬布斯演講的最有效因素之一就是賞心悅目。
His presentations are visual and simple.
他的演講不僅視覺化,而且通俗易懂。
While most speakers fill their slides with mind-numbing data and text and charts, Jobs does just the opposite.
盡管大多數的演講者喜歡在幻燈片里塞進大量的數據、文字和圖表,但喬布斯卻正好相反。
He uses very little text and usually one, maybe two, images per slide.
他用很少的文字,通常每個幻燈片只帶有一兩張圖片。
you see, you want to paint a picture for your audience without overwhelming them.
你想為聽眾描述一副藍圖,而不是鋪天蓋地拋向聽眾。
Inspiring presentations are short on bullet points and big on visuals.
鼓舞人心的演講用豐富的視覺效果,而鮮有要點符號。