We remember the journalists unjustly imprisoned around the world, including our own Jason Rezaian.
我們銘記被不公正的關押在世界各地的記者,包括我們自己的Jason Rezaian。
For nine months, Jason has been imprisoned in Tehran for nothing more than writing about the hopes and the fears of the Iranian people,
九個月來,杰森一直被關押在德黑蘭,只不過是因為寫出了關于伊朗人民的希望和恐懼,
carrying their stories to the readers of "The Washington Post," in an effort to bridge our common humanity.
把他們的故事帶給《華盛頓郵報》的讀者,為了構建我們共同的人性橋梁。
As was already mentioned, Jason's brother Ali is here tonight and I have told him personally,
正如已經提到的,杰森的哥哥阿里今晚也在現場,我親自告訴他,
we will not rest until we bring him home to his family safe and sound.
我們在把他毫發無傷的帶回家之前決不會停歇。
These journalists and so many others view their work as more than just a profession,
這些記者,很多人認為他們的工作不僅僅是一種職業,
but as a public good, an indispensable pillar of our society, so I want to give a toast to them.
但同時也是一項公共財產,是我們社會不可或缺的支柱,所以我想敬他們一杯。
I raise a glass to them and all of you, with the words of the American foreign correspondent Dorothy Thompson.
我舉杯敬你們所有的人,借用美國駐外記者多蘿西·湯普森的話說。
It is not the fact of liberty but the way in which liberty is exercised that ultimately determines whether liberty itself survives.
不是自由的事實,而是行使自由的方式最終決定了自由本身是否存在。
Thank you for your devotion to exercising our liberty and to telling our American story.
感謝您對我們行使自由而作出的貢獻,并講述我們的美國故事。
God bless you.
上帝保佑你們。
God bless the United States of America.
上帝保佑美利堅合眾國。