And how calm the horses are! They just stand there like tables while the Knights get on and off!
但是,馬兒卻毫無聲響!騎士跨上跨下,他們總是站在那兒像桌子一樣,紋絲不動。
The battle ended when they both fell off at the same time.
倆人同時墜地,戰斗也到此結束。
Then they shook hands and the Red Knight got on his horse and rode away.
然后他們握手言和,紅衣騎士騎上馬走了。
The White Knight came up to Alice.
白衣騎士向愛麗絲走過來。
'I won that battle easily, didn't I?' he said.
他說:“我很輕松就贏得了那場戰斗,不是嗎?”
'I don't know,' said Alice, uncertainly.
“這我不清楚,”愛麗絲猶豫地說。
I don't want to be anybody's prisoner. I want to be a Queen.
我不想做任何人的囚犯,我要當王后。
”So you will, when you've crossed the next brook,' said the White Knight.
白衣騎士說:“你會的,當你跨過了下一條小河的時候。”

I'll see you safe to the end of the wood - and then I must go back, you know. That's the end of my move.
我將護送你安全抵達樹林的盡頭--然后我必須返回。那是我最后的一步。
'Thank you very much,' said Alice. 'May I help you take off your helmet?'
“多謝,多謝!我可以幫你摘下頭盔嗎?”愛麗絲問。
It was difficult to do, but at last the helmet came off.
摘下頭盔并不容易,但最后終于成功了。
'Ah, that's better,' said the Knight.
“啊,這就舒服多了。”騎士說著,
He pushed back his long wild hair with both hands, and turned his gentle face and large sad eyes to Alice.
雙手往后梳了梳自己的又長又亂的頭發,他面帶溫馴轉向愛麗絲,那雙大眼睛看上去很憂傷。
He was a very strange-looking soldier, Alice thought.
愛麗絲想,這個士兵的樣子非常怪異。
His armour fitted him very badly, and he had a great many things fastened to himself, and to the horse.
鎧甲一點也不合身,身上、馬上都捆綁了好多東西,
There was also a small wooden box on his back, which was upside-down.
背上還有個倒放著的小木箱。
'I see you're looking at my little box,' the Knight said in a friendly voice.
騎士友好地說:“我知道你在看著我的小木箱。”
It's my own invention - to keep clothes and sandwiches in.
這是我自己的發明創造--用來放衣服、三明治的。
You see I carry it upside-down, and then the rain can't get in.
你看我倒放在背上背著,那是為了防止雨水漏進去。
'But the things can get out,' Alice said gently. 'Did you know that the top was open?'
“但這樣東西會掉出來,你知道蓋是開著的嗎?”愛麗絲輕聲地說。
'No, I didn't,' the Knight said.
騎士說:“這我不知道。”
'If all the things have fallen out,' he went on unhappily, 'there's no use keeping the box.'
他不高興地又說:“如果里面的東西都掉出來了,那留著箱子就沒用了。”
He unfastened it as he spoke, and put it carefully on the branch of a tree.
他說著就卸下了箱子,小心地把它放在樹枝上。
Perhaps some birds will make a home in it. Now, if you're ready… What's that plate for?
也許鳥兒可以在里面做個巢,哦,你如果準備好了……那盤子是干什么用的?
'It was used for plum-cake,' said Alice.
愛麗絲答道:“那是用來盛梅子蛋糕的。”
'I think we should take it with us,' the Knight said.
“我想我們應該把它帶上。”騎士說。
It'll be useful if we find any plum-cake. Help me to get it into this bag.
如果我們找到梅子蛋糕,那就派上用場了。幫我把它放進袋子里。
This took a long time to do because the bag was not really big enough and already had a lot of carrots in it.
放盤子用了很多時間,因為袋子太小,而且里面已裝了許多胡蘿卜。