Now what I'm suppose to be and talking about?
我現在打算做什么?談什么?
I just interrupt a moment
我只是中斷片刻
and say I'm not quite sure.
我不太確定講什么
But if any of you here are interested at all
但是如果你們任何人感興趣
and submitting anything to
提交任何關于
either the present Lewis television things.
目前路易斯電視劇的建議
If you got a good story, if you got a good story,
如果你有一個好故事
don't tell anybody about it.
不要告訴任何人
It's a rare thing to be able to fashion a story and write about it.
構思一個故事并寫下來是很罕有的事情
We are in St. Johns, aren't we here?
我們在圣約翰,不是嗎?
Iris Stocker once said:" if you got a story,
愛麗絲?斯托克曾說:"如果你有一個故事
what you want is a beginning, and a middle and an end."
你要有開頭,中間,結尾"
And my great hero Houseman who was here,
我偉大的男主角豪斯曼在圣約翰學院
the great, the greatest of the poet scholars,
最偉大的詩人學者
The scholar poets in the whole of English literature, he was here,
整個英國文學史上的最偉大的學者詩人在這里
and so was Phillip Larkin, wasn't he?
菲利普?拉金也在這里,不是嗎?
In St Johns College, and Larkin said:
在圣約翰學院,拉金說:
"No, that's nonsense what Alice Dotwood said,
"不,愛麗絲?多特伍德所說的純屬無稽之談
you real need the beginning and the middle ,
你需要故事的開頭,中間
and middle, and an end."
中間和結尾"
If you going to start from Oxford
如果你在牛津開始創作
and decide that you are going to Edinburgh, you know you can say:
又決定去愛丁堡,你可以說:
well, Oxford is where we will find a few body bags,
哦,我們會在牛津發現一些運尸袋
91 body bags we had,
我們發現了91個運尸袋
it's not because I was so besotted with what I had written,
并不是因為我沉醉于我的著作
and there it was, but somebody when he was 69,
有人在他69歲時
wrote in to me and said to me: Do you know
寫信問我:你知道
how many people you murdered in Oxford?
你在牛津謀殺了多少人嗎?
69, so I cut it out and put it on the side of the television, 69
我把這個數剪下來,放在電視的一側
and afterward, the next episode, I'll just put plus 3, you know that.
然后,下一章我會再加3個數
And I may have of missed one or two but anyway, in ended up
無論如何,結束時我可能漏掉了一兩個
but I feel that if you are interested at all
但是只要你有興趣
and seeing how you have to come along, and we go along and see.
那么我們就一起走著瞧
So I brought some here, there's no copyright
我帶過來一些,沒有版權
and if we wanted to take out, shall I leave them on here at the end,
如果你想帶走,我結束時會把它們留在這
take three or four of these, there's plenty of it,
帶個三四張,這里有很多
no copyright problems at all, it's how you should if you are anxious,
沒有任何版權問題,你們不必擔心的
if you've got some bright idea, get down to it,
如果有一些好想法,把它寫下來
and you'll have to send them off as laid out in these sheets,
你寫在紙上后必須把它們寄出去
page us from old Morse and Lewis things
這些就是以前寫莫爾斯和路易斯留下的
so I leave it there.
放在這邊
I shan't be sending you an invoice or anything like that,
我不會給你們寄發票什么的
anyway, there we are.
不管怎樣,就是這樣