You know, they'll probably tell you what's happening anyway.
你知道,不管怎樣他們都會告訴你到底在發生什么
But I said there's no suggestion at all that you are going to
但是沒有任何跡象表明你可以讓我
get with me either in the books or on the television any...
在書中或是影視劇中添加任何...
I only learned this word recently,
我最近才學到這個單詞
any raunchy description of activity between the sheets.
添加任何色情的床第之間的描寫
I wrote and told her.
我寫信告訴她
I thought it would be proper to give a fair warning.
我想我應適當的給予一點合理的警告
But I said: it's very nice, thank you very much for your letter,
但我說:非常好,很感謝你的來信
and if you got a good memory,
如果你記性好的話
you could recall that she put a PS on the end of her letter.
應該記得她在信尾留有附言
So I thought I would just have a little bit of a fib with her.
所以我想我只需要向她撒一個小謊
So I said as I say, please don't get
如我所說,不要對我
the wrong impression about me, Mrs Eliot.
存有錯誤的印象,艾略特夫人
I do write pornography but under the different name.
我確實寫色情文學,不過用的另一個名字
And the real difficulty about that was
真正的難題是
that she didn't write back at all.
她再也沒回信
So I sent her a little photo copy of the nearest I come to talking
我寄給她一小張照片復印件,是我最新作品中
in any way like that.
合她胃口的一段話
This is what I sent her, the end of one of my books
這是我寄給她的,我的一本書的結尾
The Way Through the Woods.
書名叫,穿越林間的小路
Morse is having a party in north outside Oxford,
莫爾斯在牛津北邊參加聚會
while dear old John Thaw used to call 'Leafy North Oxford'.
親愛的老約翰·肖過去常把這里叫做"枝繁葉茂的北牛津"
He sold another thing.
他說的卻是另一件事
And of course, We had awful lot of body bags in Morse, didn't we?
當然,莫爾斯探長,出現過很多尸體袋,不是嗎?
You know my one thing too famous that singlehandedly
你們知道,我的書如此出名
I've made Oxford the murder capital of the European Common Market.
憑一己之力就將牛津變成歐共體的謀殺之都
You know that.
你們知道的
And when my eyes went so badly, I had to stop reading at all.
當我視力變得很差時,只能停止閱讀
I went down to oculist store rather than not oculist the optician
我去眼科商店,而不是驗光師
or the ophthalmologist. Is that right?
或是眼科醫生那里,這樣對嗎?
And I hope you all go regularly along to see the ophthalmologist.
我希望你們定期看眼醫
I went along and I said:
我走去說:
"I think, It perhaps about the time I stop driving a car."
"我想,也許是時候不再駕駛了"
And she said with soon tedium and she took me in the room
她說話單調乏味,她把我帶到房間里
and had me read all the letters.
讓我讀字母
You know, I can see the top one all right.
你要知道,我只能看見最上面那個
But anyway, there it was.
無論如何,就是這樣